The West Bengal School Service Commission came into force with effect from November 1997 for the purpose of recruitment of Assistant Teacher and Headmaster/ Headmistress in recognized Non-Government aided Schools in West Bengal. The State Government later on decided that the Non-Teaching Staff in the posts of Librarian, Clerk and Group-D Staff including Laboratory Attendant, Peon, Night Guard, Matron in recognized Non-Government aided Schools in West Bengal should also be recruited through School Service Commission, and accordingly necessary amendments have been introduced. The Commission is the first of its kind in the country.
With the recent notification from the West Bengal School Service Commission a Teacher Eligibility Test has been notified for graduates who will be acting as teachers from Class V to Class VIII standard. The present notification will select 4900 teachers in mediums of Bengali, English, Hindi, Santali, Nepali, Urdu, Telugu and Tali-Achiki Languages. West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET) has been designed according to the guidelines of the National Council for Teacher Education to ensure a standard aptitude and ability of teachers to meet the challenges of teaching at Secondary levels. The present TET will be conducted by West Bengal Central School Service Commission for the Pass Graduate Teacher (PGT) strictly following NCTE guideline as stated.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the recruitment norms are as under:
Name of the examination:
- Teacher Eligibility Test 2014 for Class-V to Class-VIII standard
- Date of publication of Public Notice for TET: 29-Jan-2014
- Date of availability of Application Form: 30-Jan-2014
- Last date of availability of Application Forms: 08-Feb-2014
- Last date for submission of Completed Application Forms: 08-Feb-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Date of Examination: 09-Mar-2014
Total Number of Vacancies: 4900 Tentative Vacancy
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- For TET (for Classes VI-VIII): The candidates who has minimum 50% marks at Graduation or Master Degree level of examination will be allowed to purchase Form & Brochures from Post Offices & to deposit the filled in OMR Form (for TET only) applications at the same Post Office from where the Form were purchased.
- For RLST: The candidates who also want to sit for Honours/ PG vacancies through 13th RLST (AT) may appear for TET along with next RLST (AT) examination as stated earlier for which they have to submit application of RLST provided with the kit of Forms & Brochures to the respective Regional Commission for which they will be interested to apply after publication of Notice of 13th RLST (AT) during the month of April, 2014.
- The candidates, who does not have requisite minimum marks for appearing TET or who only wants to sit for Honours/ PG vacancies shall be allowed to purchase Form & Brochures kit from 12 February, 2014 to 25 February, 2014. However, such applicants of 13th RLST (AT) will be allowed to submit the application after Public Notice in this regard mentioning vacancies available for each subject.
- Commerce graduates may apply for Arts disciplines provided they abide the principles as detailed with the TET notification at www.westbengalssc.com/wbssc/download/AT13DOCS/PUBLIC%20NOTICE_TET_WEBSITE.pdf .
There is no age limit specified for TET applicants.
Mode of Selection:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- The selection will be done through a Written Test, where questions will be Objective Type in nature. A person who scores competently more marks in the TET examination shall be considered ‘TET qualified’ or ‘TET passed’.
- This selection will be done strictly on a Merit Listing
- For TET/ RLST(AT) for General/ OBC: Rs. 250
- For TET/ RLST (AT) for SC/ ST/ PH: Rs. 80
- Candidates not qualified in Paper-II of 12th RLST (AT) but having minimum qualification for TET: No fee
- The fee can be remitted by the candidates through cash at the counters of Post Offices [ List of Post Office Branches] at the time of purchase of application forms.
How to Apply:
a) The candidates may apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the 847 Post Offices of West Bengal by providing their mark sheets
b) The applicants are advised read through the instructions and guidelines at www.westbengalssc.com/wbssc/home/ before submission of Application Form.
c) The candidates are advised to fill in the application with caution as there will be no chance of altering the data once the application form is submitted
d) The fee will be payable in shape of cost of application from the demarked Post Offices.
e) The candidates should save hardcopies of the application for future reference
f) After completely filling the application, candidates are advised to deposit the application at the same post office, from where they have originally purchased the application form.
g) Any wrong or misleading information may be subjected to rejection of candidature.