As a state level nodal agency for competent selection and recruitment for various state cadre government positions, the West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is operating from West Bengal, with a dedicated service for the state. The commission is responsible for recruitment and selection of eligible and competent candidates for various state government jobs and other institutions under the state government departments.
With the recent announcement from West Bengal SSC, applications from eligible and qualified candidates are invited for job positions of Lower Division Clerk/ Assistant (Group-C) for various departments in the state.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for selection thereof are described as under: Advertisement No. 01/ WBSSC/ 2013
Mode of Application:
The applications are intended to be filled through Online mode and through the prescribed format of application only as available at the website of the West Bengal SSC at www.wbssc.gov.in
- Last Date submission of completed application: 13-Sept-2013
- Date for payment of application fees: before 13-Sept-2013
Details of the vacancies:
- Post Code -377 – Lower Division Clerk/ Assistant (Group-C): Total 3050 Positions
- Agriculture: 425 Posts
- Animal Resources Development: 50 Posts
- Backward Classes Welfare: 50 Posts
- Development & Planning: 50 Posts
- School Education: 200 Posts
- Excise: 50 Posts
- Finance: 100 Posts
- Fire & Emergency: 75 Posts
- Food & Supply: 300 Posts
- Health & Family Welfare: 400 Posts
- Home (Civil Defence, Jails, Personnel): 100 Posts
- Land & Land Reforms: 900 Posts
- Panchayat & Rural Development: 100 Posts
- Public Works: 100 Posts
- Women and Child Development & Social Welfare: 100 Posts
- Forest: 50 Posts
Note: The actual vacancies may increase or decrease as per requirements and at discretion of SSC
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- The rules of reservation for SC, ST, BC, EBC, WBC candidates are applicable as per the normal recruitment norms.
- The candidates selected will be eligible to receive remuneration in the Pay Band-II in the scale of Rs.5400 – Rs.25200 with initial pay of Rs.6240 and Grade Pay of Rs.2600 along with other perks and allowances
Criteria for Age:
- The candidates should have attained a minimum age of 18 years and should not have crossed the max age limit of 40 years as on 1-Jan-2013.
- Date of birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent Admit Card/ Certificate will only be accepted.
- However, the age relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for candidates belonging to respective identified categories (SC, ST, BC-A, BC-B, PWD, etc.)
Criteria for Education & Skills:
- The applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- The candidate must have typing speed of 35 words per minute in English and 25 words per minute in Bengali typing.
- Minimum basic knowledge of computers is mandatory for these posts.
- The computer application and typing knowledge should have been acquired from any recognized institution for a course not less than 6 months duration.
Application Fee and Intimation charges:
- For SC, ST & PWD from the state of West Bengal: Rs.20 for processing fee only
- For all others along with ST, ST from other states: Rs.220 as examination fee and processing fee.
- Service charge of Rs.6/ Rs.2 will be applicable for payment of fees through different modes.
- The payment of Application fees can be done through Online Net Banking or through Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendras (by cash) or through post offices of the state where 3-payment facilities are available.
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted
- The selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Written Test and Personal Interview as per the discretion of the West Bengal SSC.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply only through the online mode at the website of the West Bengal SSC at www.wbssc.gov.in .
- The application formats can also be downloaded from the website
- The candidates should ensure that their personal email ID is kept active during the recruitment period
- The candidate should fill in competent details with factual information.
- The candidates should upload their photo and signature at appropriate spaces (if applying through Online mode)
- The candidates are advised to keep the copy of the Application Form with the copy of fee payment receipt for future reference.
- The hardcopy of the application/ Offline copy of the application must be forwarded to the SSC at the address mentioned below so as to reach by the last date denominated (i.e. 13-Sept-2013) (preferably through Registered Post/ Speed Post)
- The envelope containing application must be super-scribed as “NAME OF THE EXAMINATION and NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR”
- The name of the examination is “LOWER DIVISION CLERK/ ASSISTANT (GROUP-C) RECRUITMENT EXAMINATION – 2013”
- Address to send the completed application along with fee payment challan copy:
The Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission
Mayukh Bhaban, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091