The Public Service Commission, West Bengal will hold the West Bengal Legal Service Examination 2013 in accordance with the existing rules for recruitment to the posts in West Bengal Legal Service.
The preliminary requirements for consideration of the candidates for this high-honored employment opportunity are described in brief underneath. A candidate should verify from the notified rules that he/she is eligible for admission to the examination prior to submitting his/her application. The conditions prescribed cannot be relaxed.
- Closing date for receipt of application: 16-Sept-2013
- Dates for remittance of fees: till 16-Sept-2013 during banking days and hours
- Dates for Written Examination: During December 2013
Tentative Number of Vacancies: 50 Posts
(Unreserved – 23, BC Category A – 05, BC Category B -03, SC – 10, ST – 06, PWD – 03)
Nature of vacancies:
- All vacancies will be filled on temporary basic and likely to be made permanent
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The selected candidates will be eligible for a Pay scale of Rs.15600-Rs.42000 with Grade Pay of Rs.5400 along with permissible allowances and perks.
- An applicant must have a degree in Law from any recognized University or Institution
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required in the case of Nepali speaking candidates of the three Hill Sub-divisions of Darjeeling District, viz., Darjeeling Sadar, Kalimpong and Kurseong)
- Minimum age of 23 years and Maximum age of 35 years as on 01-Jan-2013
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be as per rules for SC, ST, BC and PWD categories from West Bengal
- SC, ST and BC candidates of other States may apply for unreserved vacancies as General candidates.
- The fee for SC, ST from West Bengal and PWD candidates: Exempted from paying any fee
- For all others: Rs.210
- The fees once paid will not be refunded back under any circumstances
- The fees can be remitted through Crossed Indian Postal Order which must be purchased on a date after publication of this advertisement in favor of The Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal
- The fees can also be remitted through a receipt Challan from a Government Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the head “0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16-other fees”.
- No other mode of payment will be accepted
- The selection will be on the basis of performance in the examination conducted in two phases
- Phase – I : Written examination
- Phase-II: Personal Interview
- Pre-recruitment Medical Examination
- Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose
How to Apply:
- A candidate can apply through the prescribed format of application form as available on the website of West Bengal Public Service Commission at http://www.pscwb.org.in
- An applicant must attach one copy of recent passport size photograph signed and pasted on the application along with self-attested photocopies of certificates of age and prescribed educational qualification (self-attested photocopies) certificates and Two unstamped self-addressed envelopes
- The application completed in all respect and attached with the original proof of payment must be sent to the following address by hand (in open envelope) or by Registered Post or Speed Post or UCP (Under Certificate of Posting) strictly so as to reach the Commission by the last date specified. No other mode of applications will be received by the Commission
The Deputy Secretary (Examination)
Public Service Commission
161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road,
Kolkata – 700 026, West Bengal