WBPSC Miscellaneous Services Recruitment Examination – 2012
West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) the sole authority for conducting recruitment examination for various positions of the state government of West Bengal is inviting competent candidature for various positions under Miscellaneous Service Recruitment Examination-2012. The cadres of recruitment are variable for various departments and the details of the vacancies are as under:
Name of the Positions:
- Disaster Management Officer/ Block Disaster Management Officer
- Block Youth Officer/ Municipal Youth Officer/ Borough Youth Officer
- Sub-Inspector of Excise
- Inspector of Agricultural Income Tax
- Inspector, Backward Classes Welfare
- Investigating Inspector
- Assistant Child Development Project Officer
- Block Welfare Officer/Welfare Officer
- Consumer Welfare Officer
- Saving Development Officer
- Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension
- Lady Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension
- Assistant Agricultural Marketing Officer
- Assistant Programme Officer
- Controller of Correctional Services
- Assistant Controller of Correctional Services
- Posts in West Bengal Subordinate Labour Service
- Auditor of Co-operative Societies
- Assistant Auditor, Board of Revenue
- Women are unsuitable for the post of Sub-Inspector of Excise. Men are unsuitable for the post of Lady Extension Officer, Mass Education Extension
- The exact number of vacancies and the reservation for positions will be announced later by the WBPSC
Mode of Application: Through the prescribed application form as released by the WBPSC through its website at http://www.pscwb.org.in
- Last date for receipt of Application: 19th of October 2012
- For General/ OBC candidates: Rs.160
- For SC/ ST candidates (only for the natives of West Bengal) and PWD: NIL
How can you pay the Application Fees:
The fees can be deposited through any of the following modes:
- Crossed Indian Postal Order, which must be purchased on a date after publication of this advertisement in favour of ‘The Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal’ and payable at GPO, Kolkata.
- Through a fee receipt challan from a Government Treasury in West Bengal or the Reserve Bank of India, Kolkata under the account head “0051-00-105-State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16 other fees“
NOTE: No other mode of payment of fees will be accepted. The SC/ST/OBC candidates of any other state apart from West Bengal will not be eligible for any sort of fee exemption or other relaxation.
Pay Scale, Grade Pay and Remunerations:
- The initial appointment will be on a Temporary Basis.
- After successful selection of the candidates, they will be entitled to receive remuneration in the Scale of PB-3 at Rs. 7100- Rs.37600
- The grade pay will vary as per posts in between Rs.3600 and Rs.3900.
Note: Apart from this the candidates selected for the positions will be eligible for other provisions as per the rules of the state government.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- The candidates applying for this post should be of minimum 20 years and maximum age of 32 years as on January 01, 2012.
- However, in case of candidates belonging to scheduled sections of the community (SC/ST), BC-A, BC-B, the upper age limit is relaxable as per the normal age relaxation regulations of the state of West Bengal
- The candidates must have obtained at least a Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution
- Knowledge of Bengali (Read, Write and Speak), which is not essential for Nepali speaking candidates from hill areas of the District of Darjeeling
The candidates are required to have minimum physical standard for certain positions as per rules
How to Apply:
- The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the WBPSC at http://www.pscwb.org.in
- The candidates need to print the proforma application on a Thick and durable foolscap paper
- The applicants must fill the requisite information with full authenticity and facts
- The applicants need to paste their recent passport photograph and sign at appropriate spaces on the application form
- The Application complete in all respect and attached with photocopies of the documents and IPO/ Challan must be sent by Registered Post/ Speed Post/ UCP or may be submitted in an open envelop to the following address
- The envelop must be super-scribed as “Advt. No., Name of the Examination and Name of Examination Centre opted”
Address for Sending the Completed Application Form:
The Deputy Secretary (Examination), Public Service Commission, West Bengal
The selection will be conducted in the following manner:
- Preliminary Written Examination – During March 2013
- Main Written Examination – During September 2013
- Personality Test in the Commission’s office at Kolkata
- Verification of Documents
Depending upon the performance the final merit list will be published.
- Submission of more than one application is strictly forbidden
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature
- The full version of this advertisement can be obtained at the website of WBPSC at http://www.pscwb.org.in