UPSC Recruitment 2013 For Engineering Services Examination Through Advertisement No. 7/2013
Examination Notice No: 07/2013-CMS Date: 6-April-2013
Union Public Service Commission as the central authority for recruitment and commissioning of higher cadre posts in the Central and State Government, is presently in the process of selection of candidates through Engineering Service Examination. Through UPSC Examination Notification No. 07/2013, UPSC is inviting Online Applications from Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics and Telecomm Engineers to join Engineering Services in the Central Govt.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for eligibility are as under:
Number of vacancies: The expected numbers of vacancies would be around 763 including 19 vacancies for PH candidates. Reservation to the upcoming vacancies will be made as per the central government regulations for SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates.
Important dates to reckon for:
- Starting date of Online Submission of Application: 6-April-2013
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 6-May-2013 till 23:59 Hours
- Date of Engineering Service Exam: 28-June-2013
- Date for declaration of written test results: September/ October 2013
Details of List of Services to which the candidates will be subjected:
- Category-I: Civil Engineering
- Category-II: Mechanical Engineering
- Category-III: Electrical Engineering
- Category-IV: Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Plan of Examination:
The Engineering Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
(i) Written examination will consist of Paper-I (Objective type Questionnaire) and Paper-II, which will be Subjective type. And,
(ii) Personality Test which will carry 200 marks.
The final selection will be based on the performance in these two examinations
- The applicants should have attained 21 years of age and should not have crossed the max age of 30 years as on 1-January-2013 to be eligible to apply.
- However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government.
- For Government Servants this maximum age is set at 35 years.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- The candidate must completed a Bachelors Degree in Engineering in the concerned disciplines of Engineering, OR,
- Should have completed Section-A and Section-B of the Examination conducted by Institute of Engineers (India), OR,
- Should have completed Degree/Diploma from a foreign University which is recognized by Indian Government, OR,
- Should have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecomm Engineers (India), OR,
- Should have passed Associate Membership Exam (all sections) from the Aeronautical Society of India, OR,
- Should have passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers (London) after 1959, OR,
- MSc. Degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Radio Physics, Radio Engineering, Electronics as a special subject (only for Indian Naval Armament Service)
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PH candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the website – http://www.upsc.gov.in . Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- The applicants are advised to submit a single application only
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application and keep that with them for future reference
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.
- The details about this advertisement can also be obtained from the website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in