UPSC Notifies Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2012
Advt no: 11/2012 – CPF Date: 28th of July 2012
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) the apex level agency authorized to conduct various category of recruitment and selection for government sector jobs has announced a notification regarding invitation of application for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants in the Central Armed Police Forces like BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, SSB, etc. The details of the application procedure and the modes of selection are detailed as under.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must have attained age of 20 and must not have crossed the age of 25 years as on 1st of August 2012 as per the date of birth mentioned on the HSC/ Matriculation certificate
- The candidate must fulfill the minimum academic norms
Name of the Post: Assistant Commandant (Grade A)
Recruitments are open to: Male and Female candidates (Both) for all posts except those with BSF and ITBP, where only male candidates can apply.
Mode of Application: ONLINE only (No other modes of application will be accepted)
Number of Posts: (Total – 401 posts)
- BSF – 94
- CISF – 44
- ITBP – 26
- CRPF – 223
- SSB – 14
How to obtain the application from:
- The application form is available at the Commissions website at www.upsc.gov.in, or at www.upsconline.nic.in
Application fees: (Non-refundable)
- For All category except SC/ ST and Women: Rs. 200
- For SC/ ST and Women: NIL
How to Pay the Application Fee:
- The application fee can be paid in cash at any branch of SBI, or by net banking facility of State Bank of India and its subsidiary Banks or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- No other forms of payment will be accepted
- Date of starting of filing Online Application Form: 28th of July 2012
- Last date for filing Online Application Form: 27th of August 2012
- Date of Written Examination: 11th of November 2012
The candidate has the option for filing his/ her choices during filing the application form. The service allocation will be done in accordance with the preference order of the candidate and as per the availability of vacancies in the concerned force.
Mode of Selection:
- Phase – I: Written Test
- Phase – II: Physical Standard Test/ Physical Efficiency Test/ Medical Standard Test
- Phase – III: Interview and Personality Test
- The final selection will be based on the overall performance in all the above tests and will follow a merit pattern of selection
- NCC ‘B’ and ‘C’ Certificate holders will be offered advantage in the Personal Interview and Personality test phases only
Details of Essential Eligibility Factors:
Age: The candidate must have attained a minimum age of 20 years and should not have crossed 25 years as on 1st of August 2012.
Relaxation in upper age limit is applicable for candidates under appropriate provisions
Academics: A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in India as on 1st of August 2012
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through online mode only by the website of the UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in, or at www.upsconline.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to fill in all details as required by the application form at appropriate spaces
- The candidates are to upload their recent passport size photograph (in .jpg and within 40KB in volume) and their signature at appropriate spaces as required
- All essential details must be filled in with accuracy and precision
- The candidates have to complete their fee payment statement after depositing the fees in appropriate banks
- Any form of alteration to the submitted application form will not be entertained
- The candidates are advised to keep two copies of submitted application form and the original fee receipt for future reference
- No hard-copy of the application should be submitted to the Commission at this stage
- There will be negative marking in the written examination
- The decision of the Commission with respect to selection will be final and binding
- The numbers of vacancies are subject to change as per specific requirement
- Any sort of personification or canvassing or misleading information may lead to cancellation of application
- The candidates can contact the Commission offer at Telephone No. 011-23385271/ 23381125/ 23098543 for any queries and clarifications on working days
- The candidates are advised to check their email IDs as they have mentioned in their application form for any available updates and notifications from the Commission
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from UPSC here http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2012/cpf/cpf2012_eng.pdf
- Upcoming UPSC Recruitment Examination 2012 Union Public Service Commission (UPSC): Taking Up Multiple Responsibilities UPSC Recruitment Examination 2012 Examination: CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAMINATION 2012 Date of...
- UPSC CDS Exam 2012 Notification: Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2012 UPSC Invites Applications For Combined Defense Service Examination (II) – 2012 (Including Short Service Commission (Technical Services) For Women) EXAMINATION NOTICE NUMBER...
- How To Prepare For UPSC How To Prepare For UPSC Prepare For Union Public Service Commission With Authentic Information And Apt Confidence It requires a lot of preparation to appear...
- Upcoming Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Exams 2012 Start preparing yourself for upcoming Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Examination 2012 to give your career a new height. Name of Exam: Central...
- Taking Up Multiple Responsibilities By UPSC For 3 Important Functions Union Public Service Commission or UPSC is one of the constitutional bodies of India, which came into force under Article...