UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination Notification 2013 Through Advertisement No. 5/2013
Examination Notice No. 05/2013-IFoS
Union Public Service Commission through its recruitment Notification No. 05/2013 is inviting Online Application for Indian Forest Service Examination 2013.
Candidates should note that the government has changed the pattern of Indian Forests Service Examination from the current year by introducing a component of screening mechanism through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. All the candidates applying for Indian Forests Service Examination are therefore required to appear in the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian Forests Services Main Examination (written and interview).
Candidates desirous of applying for Indian Forest Service Examination as well as for the Civil Services Examination can apply through a common online application form subject to meeting the requisite eligibility criteria by them.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
Number of vacancies: Approximately 85 (Reservation will be applicable for SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates as per rules)
Important dates to reckon for:
- Last Date of submission of Online Application: 4-April-2013 till 23:59 Hours
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination: 26-May-2013
Plan of Examination:
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages:
(i) Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
(ii) Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Forest Services
- Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only.
- Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will have to apply online again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be made available them after declaration of results of the Preliminary Examination.
- The Main Examination is likely to be held in September/ October, 2013.
The applicants must be of at least 21 years and should not have crossed the max age of 30 years as on 1-Jul-2013 to be eligible to apply.
However, there will be relaxation for Scheduled and other privileged category of candidates as per the rules of the government
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
An applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as an University under or possess an equivalent qualification.
The candidates who are awaiting their final results can also apply for the examination provided they can submit the proof of passing the final examination while applying separately in the Indian Forest Service Main Examination once selected from the Preliminary Examination.
Number of Attempts to Appear in the Examination:
- For General Category of candidates: 4 (four) attempts
- For OBC: 7 (seven) attempts
- For SC/ ST: No restriction in number of attempts
- Physically handicapped in General Category: 7 (seven) attempts
- Physically handicapped in OBC categories: 7 (seven) attempts
- Physically handicapped in SC/ST category: No restriction in number of attempts
- All applicants (except Female/ SC/ ST/ PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or any of its associate banks by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- For SC, ST, Women, PWD candidates: fees exempted
- For OBC the fees will be full and there is no relaxation in fees for OBC
- For candidates whose fee details are not received from the bank, a list of them will be made available in the website of UPSC at http://www.upsconline.nic.in two weeks after the last date for submission of application (i.e. 4-April-2013). Such candidates have to submit the proof of fee payment within next 10 days or their candidature will be rejected.
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the website – http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected
- Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services Examination also, [subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions] have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the on-line application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Examination and the Civil Services Examination.
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Application for future reference
- For any clarifications, one can log into http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2013/csp_ifs/ifs2013.pdf
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. No e-Admission Certificate will be sent by Post.
- Candidates should also note down their RID number for future reference.