Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) is professionally managed utility supplying reliable and cost efficient electricity to every citizen of the state through highly motivated employees and state of art technologies, providing an economic return to our owners and maintaining leadership in the country.
Opportunities for career growth and development, and a sense of belongingness, with the ability to contribute to the organization make it one of the best workforce in the industry. The UPPCL offers high productivity reflected in a fair, equitable and cost based tariff across consumer categories, accurate and timely billing on a rational, comprehensible billing basis reflecting actual consumption, and convenient system for payment of dues.
With the present requirement the UPPCL, invites competent applications from eligible candidates to join this versatile company as Junior Engineer Trainee through ONLINE mode only.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
Most important Dates:
- Starting date of Online Registration of Application: 07-Oct-2013
- Starting date of payment of Application Fees: 09-Oct-2013
- Last date for Online Registration of Application: 28-Oct-2013
- Last date for payment of Application Fees: 31-Oct-2013
- Final Completion of Application form after payment of fees: 11-Oct till 03-NOv-2013
- Probable date of examination: 16-Nov-2013/ 17-Nov-2013
Name of the Positions and Number of vacancies:
- Junior Engineer Trainee (Electrical): 241 vacancies (UR-99, OBC-96(46-backlog), SC-27, ST-19(15-backlog) & Ex-SM-23)
- Junior Engineer Trainee (Electronics): 57 vacancies (UR-29, OBC-15, SC-12, ST-1 & Ex-SM-04)
- Junior Engineer Trainee (Telecomm): 03 vacancies (UR-02, OBC-01)
- Junior Engineer Trainee (Civil): 118 vacancies (UR-59, OBC-32, SC-25, ST-02& Ex-SM-05)
- Applicants can apply for any one post only
- Physically Challenged persons are not eligible for these posts
Nature of Posts:
The selected Junior Engineer Trainee shall be appointed initially for a training period as decided by the UPPCL. After successful completion of Training period they will be considered for engagement in regular scale at various locations under UPPCL.
Pay scale and Remunerations:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
On successful induction of Trainee, the candidates will be eligible for a regular cadre in the Scale of Pay of PB-II in the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 with a Grade Pay of Rs.4200 and other perks as applicable from UPPCL
The applicant must not have crossed maximum age of 35 years of age and should be above 18 years as on 01-Jan-2013. However, upper age for reserved category of applicants will be relaxable as per norms.
- The applicant must be a Diploma holder (at least 3 years duration – full-time) in concerned branches of Engineering (Electronics, Electrical, Civil, Telecommunication) from a recognized University or Institute of repute.
- Knowledge of Hindi, English language, Devnagari Script and Computer Operations is essential for the candidates.
- The General and OBC candidates should pass the examination with at least 60% marks which is relaxed up to minimum 55% for SC/ ST and PWD candidates.
- The selection process involves a Computer Based Test (CBT) and a Personal Interview.
- There will be 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer in the CBT Online examination
- Candidates scoring less than 28% in CBT will be debarred from further stages of selection
Application Fee (non-refundable):
- For General/ OBC and Other State candidates from all category: Rs.1000
- SC/ST candidates from Uttar Pradesh: Rs.700
- The fees can be paid through Online Mode through Net banking/ NEFT or through Cash Challan (downloaded from the website) in any branch of State Bank of India
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply online only for Part-1 and Part-2 of the registration through the website of UPPCL at http://uppcl.org/
- The applicants should ensure that they have chosen the correct post and filled-in the right information.
- Only One application will be accepted from candidates for any one Post
- After online submission of Part-1 of Application, the applicants need to take the printout of the fees challan / pay fees through Online mode
- After submission of application fees the candidates can apply for the Part-2 of the application
- There is no need to send any hard copy or certificates at this time to the UPPCL.
- The hardcopy of the application along with essential photocopies of the documents and fee deposit proof and Admit card should be produced during the Interview process only.
- The decision of the Secretary, Electricity Service Commission will be final and binding on the candidates.