Advertisement No: RMSA/TET/143/2012
With a view to enhance the quality of education in the secondary schools of Assam, the Govt. of Assam has amended the Assam Secondary Education Service Rules fixing minimum standard of qualification for teacher’s eligibility in secondary schools in accordance with NCTE Regulations.
Accordingly the first Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) for Secondary Education in Assam will be conducted in the last week of February, 2013 by the Secondary Education Department of the Government of Assam.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Name of the examination: Teachers Eligibility Test
Posts to be Filled Up: Graduate Teachers
Number of Vacancies: 4500 (the figure is indicative and may increase if required)
- Graduate Teachers: BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./ B.Ed. degree
- Hindi Teacher: Pravin/ Ratna in Hindi with 50% marks and graduates degree or B.A with Hindi as one of the subject with 50% marks and B.T / B. Ed. degree
- Classical Teacher (Sanskrit): Shastri with 50% marks and graduates degree or B.A with Sanskrit as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T/ B.Ed degree
- Classical Teacher (Arabic, Urdu, Persian): MM with 50% marks and graduates degree or B.A with Arabic as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T./B.Ed.
- Classical Teacher (Assamese, Manipuri): B.A with Honors/ Major in concerned subject with 50% marks and B.T. / B.Ed. degree
- B.T / B. Ed. Degree as a mandatory prerequisite eligibility qualification for Secondary teachers stands relaxed up to 01/01/2015
- candidates who do not possess B.T / B. Ed. Degree may appear at the TET Examination for Secondary Education provided they have the academic qualifying marks as indicated
Age of the candidate should not be above 38 years as on 1st January 2012. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST candidates
Nationality: A candidate must be a Indian citizen in order to apply
Eligibility for Selection in TET:
- All candidates have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) scoring minimum 60% marks in case of General category candidates and minimum of 55% marks in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ MOBC/ Physically Handicapped candidates
- Qualification in TET examination is a mandatory prerequisite to appear at the interview for teacher recruitment in Government of Assam
Validity of TET:
All candidates who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate, which will be valid for a maximum period of 2 years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee of Government of Assam
- Issue of Application Form through Post Office: 1st of October to 10th of October 2012
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 30th of October 2012 till 1700 hours
- Availability of syllabus: From 15th of September 2012 onwards
- Issue of Admit Card through Post Office (Tentative): End of December, 2012
- TET Examination (Tentative): Last week of February, 2013
- Declaration of Result (Tentative): 20th of March 2013
Structure of Test:
- General Studies & Current Affairs – 100 Multiple Choice Questions of 100 marks
- Pedagogy & General English – 100 Multiple Choice Questions of 100 marks
Where to Avail the Application Form:
The application forms will be issued through designated Post Offices and the filled-up application form will have to be submitted in any of those designated Post Offices. The list of designated post offices are available on the websites of the Assam Government at http://ssaassam.gov.in
Application Form and Fees:
The cost of the application form is Rs.350 (Rupees Three hundred and Fifty only), which is the Application Fee and should be payable at the concerned Post Office
How to fill the Application Form:
- The details of the Application Form is available along with the Application Booklet.
- Candidates need to read the instructions and fill the application form as per the exact instructions
- Submission of filled-in application will be done from designated post offices only
- Applicant must provide PIN code in the address column in the Application Form
NOTE: Details of the examination syllabus for the TET examination will be available on 15th September 2012 on websites- www.rmsaassam.in Or, www.madhyamik.in Or, www.assam.gov.in Or, www.ssaassam.gov.in
- NEET 2013 – CBSE Announces National Eligibility & Entrance Test For Admission Into Medical Courses 2013 No. F(1)/CBSE/NEET/2012 Central Board of Secondary Education announced the notification for conducting National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission...
- RPSC: Rajasthan State Eligibility Test For Lectureship 2012 Rajasthan Public Service Commission Announces State Eligibility Test for Lectureship -2012 Notification No: F.No. – F7(01) /SET/RPSC/ Noti./2012-13/60 Dated:...
- CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test: CSIR has Introduced A Sixth Paper in Engineering Sciences Important Notification for Engineering Students Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) has been conducting Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test...
- Haryana School Teachers Selection Board (HSTSB) Recruitment 2012: Post Graduate Teachers (PGT) Haryana School Teachers Selection Board (HSTSB), Department of Secondary Education, Haryana invites applications for the post of 14216 Post Graduate...
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi Notifies Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Lectureship COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH (CSIR), A Human Resource Development Group Examination Unit, Notifies Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior...