State Bank Of Travancore Recruitment 2013 For 1030 Peons Jobs Vacancy in Various Branches Across India
State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was originally established as Travancore Bank Ltd. in 1945 sponsored by the erstwhile Princely State of Travancore. Under a special statute of the Indian Parliament (SBI subsidiary Banks Act 1959) it has been made an Associate of the State Bank of India and a member of the State Bank Group, the largest banking group in India. The bank is presently operating with its Regd. office/Head Office at Poojapura, Trivandrum in the state of Kerala. The bank is operating with 1013 branched and more than 12100 workforce by March, 2013.
With the recent initiative the SBT invites application from eligible applicants for competent selection as Peons in 17 states across India. The candidates are advised to apply through online application for their native districts and centers only.
The details of the vacancies and the most vital paraphernalia for recruitment are detailed as under:
Most vital dates:
- Date of commencement of Online Registration of Application: 14-Sept-2013
- Date of closure of Online Registration of Application: 03-Oct-2013
- Date range for Payment of Application Fees (Offline mode): 17-Sept-2013 to 08-Oct-2013
- Date range for Payment of Application Fees (Online mode): 14-Sept-2013 to 03-Oct-2013
- Availability of call letters: after 11-Nov-2013
- Dates for national level Written Examination: Tentatively on 24-Nov-2013
Details of vacancies with number:
- Peon at various branches of SBT: Total 1030 Posts (UR-625, SC-118, ST-16, OBC-271, out of which PWD-31 & Ex-Servicemen-253)
- Andhra Pradesh: 12 Posts
- Chhattisgarh: 03 Posts
- Goa: 01 Post
- Gujarat: 04 Posts
- Haryana: 11 Posts
- Karnataka: 33 Posts
- Kerala: 761 Posts (Thiruvananthapuram-113, Kollam-75, Alappuzha-41, Pathanamthitta-46, Kottayam-83, Idukki-13, Ernakulam-137, Thrissur-84, Malappuram-39, Palakkad-39, Kozhikode-54, Kannur-23, Kasaragod-4, Wayanad-10)
- Maharashtra: 42 Posts
- Madhya Pradesh: 02 Posts
- New Delhi: 18 Posts
- Odisha: 01 post
- Punjab: 07 Posts
- Pondichery: 03 Posts
- Rajasthan: 03 Posts
- Tamil Nadu: 121 Posts
- Uttar Pradesh: 03 Posts
- West Bengal: 05 Posts
The selected candidates who join the bank as a Peon will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5850 – Rs.11350 and other perks as per rules.
The candidates who are finally selected for appointment will have to serve concerned bank for a probation period of 6 months from the date of their joining.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges:
- For General and OBC: Rs.300
- For SC/ST/ PWD/ Ex-servicemen: Rs.50
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
a) The fees can be paid through Master/ Visa Debit/ Credit Cards online
b) The fees can also be paid through the system generated fee payment challan at any branch of SBI after registration from the 2nd day till next three working days.
Other Essential Requirements:
- The aspirant must not be under 18 years and over 26 years as on 01-Jan-2013
- Relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable as per rules
Education: (As on 01-Jan-2013)
- The aspirants must have passed 10th standard and should not have passed 12th Standard to be eligible to apply. The ex-Serviceman candidates who have completed at least 15 years of service and have passed the Army Phase-I examination (equivalent to 10th Standard) are also eligible to apply.
- The aspirants must know the local language with reading/ writing/ speaking ability
- The selection of candidates will be done through an objective type written examination followed by a round of Interview and verification of documents
- Written examination will test the understanding in i) General English, ii) Quantitative Aptitude, iii) General Reasoning iv) Reasoning Ability, v) Computer Knowledge and vi) Marketing Aptitude
- There will be negative scoring for each wrong answer and candidates have to pass through each stages of examination in order to qualify
HOW TO APPLY: Apply Online Here
- The candidates can apply ONLINE only through the website of State Bank of Travancore at http://www.statebankoftravancore.com
- The aspirants are advised to fill in all details as indicated by the Online Application Form
- The aspirants are advised to refer to the website of the bank for instructions regarding uploading photograph and running signature at appropriate spaces
- The application may not be accepted unless a candidate does not upload his photograph and signature
- Only after payment of requisite fees, the application form will be considered as complete and can be considered for scrutiny and further selection
- Any misleading and wrong information may lead to disqualification of candidature
- All candidates are advised to keep the print copy of the Online Application Form and the Original Fee receipt for subsequent phases of selection
- The candidates are also advised to keep a proof of their identity such as PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID for production as and when requested
- The numbers of vacancies intimated are provisional declaration and may change as per the actual requirement of the bank
- The bank reserves the right to decide the base criteria and change the number of vacancies intimated at its discretion
- The decision of the bank in any matter relating to the selection will be final and binding on the candidates
- Any form of personification or canvassing will be dealt as a serious breach of conduct and disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates.
One must refer to official advertisement in order to get the detail info here www.statebankoftravancore.com/recruitment.htm.