SSC Recruitment 2013 – Combined Recruitment Examination 2013 for 1630 Engineering Assistant and Technician Vacancies in Prasar Bharati
The Prasar Bharati (PB), is a statutory autonomous body established under the Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) Act 1990. It is India’s largest broadcaster and comprises Doordarshan & All India Radio. It wishes to recruit young and skilled personnel for manning the posts of Engineering Assistant & Technician in offices spread all over the country.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals who fulfill the prescribed qualifications and age etc. for these posts. Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Government of India, will make recruitment to these posts on behalf of the Prasar Bharati under special dispensation given by the Government.
The details of eligibility criteria and norms of recruitment are described as under:
Details of the Positions Advertised for:
- Post Code A – Engineering Assistant: Total 1290 Positions (SC-201, ST-135, OBC-295, PWD-37, UR-659)
- Post Code B – Technician: Total 340 Positions (SC-54, ST-34, OBC-71, PWD-07, Ex-Servicemen-35, UR-181)
Most Important Dates:
- Date of announcement of Advertisement: 23-Feb-2013
- Last date of receipt of completed applications: 22-March-2013
- Date of Examination: 26-May-2013
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Post Code A – Engineering Assistant: Maximum 30 years as on 01-Jan-2013
- Post Code B – Technician: Maximum within 18-25 years as on 01-Jan-2013
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD and Ex-servicemen Candidates will be allowed relaxation in upper age limit as per rules
- Post Code A – Engineering Assistant: Three years Diploma in Radio/ Telecommunication/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Information Technology/ Electronics and Communication Engineering Along with 1 year of relevant experience OR, Degree with Physics as one of the subjects with 1 year of relevant experience OR, Degree in Telecommunication/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Information Technology/ Electronics and Communication Engineering. Knowledge of Wireless Radio Engineering is desired from the candidates.
- Post Code B – Technician: 10+2 pass from a recognized Board Along with a Diploma of at least 2 years duration in Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized University/ Institute.
Intended Pay provisions:
- Post Code A – Engineering Assistant: Rs.9300-Rs.34800 with Grade Pay of Rs.4200 in Pay Band-II
- Post Code B – Technician: Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2400 in Pay Band-I
- Apart from the salary, the selected candidates will be entitled to receive allowances and perks as per the central government regulations
- The selection will be dome through a Common Written Test followed by short-listing candidates for interview
- Prasar Bharati/ SSC reserves the right to conduct additional examination/ skill test or call for any additional documentary evidence in support of educational qualifications & experience of the applicant.
- Candidates should pay the application fee of Rs. 200 (Rupees Two Hundred) only through State Bank of India (SBI) either in the form of Challan or net banking.
- Application fee is not required for SC/ ST /Ex-Servicemen and PH and all women candidates, subject to submission of Caste/ Disability/ Discharge Certificate.
How to Apply:
- Interested applicants can Apply ONLINE only through the website of SSC at www.ssconline2.gov.in
- The applicants need to fill the respective filled with accurate and authentic information
- The applicants need to keep copies of online application form, fee payment receipt and supporting documents along with originals for verification of documents by Prasar Bharati/ SSC.
- SSC is undertaking the recruitment on consultancy basis and, therefore, any dispute regarding the recruitment, RTI applications etc. should be addressed to the Prasar Bharati.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here SSC Recruitment 2013 – Prasar Bharati Jobs 2013.