SSC Recruitment 2013 For Limited Departmental Examination for Selection Of Group C Stenographer
Advertisement NO. 3/3/2013-P&P-II
Date of Advt: 9-March-2013 Final Date: 08-April-2013
As a promising recruitment agency from the union Government of India, SSC (Staff Selection Commission) bears a major responsibility for safeguarding interests of various credential that are inevitable for specific job positions. Entrusted to recruit eligible candidates for various profiles of Group B and Group C cadre posts in the Central as well as State government, SSC is serving the nation for an unquestionable and competent selection.
With the present opening for various positions, the SSC- Central Region, Allahabad is inviting competent applications from aspirants from all corners of India. The details of eligibility criteria are detailed as under:
Important Dates for Consideration:
- Date of Advertisement and Publication of notification: 9-March-2013
- Date of closing of acceptance of Application Forms: 08-April-2013
- Last Date of acceptance of Application Forms from far-flung areas: 15-April-2013
- Date of examination: 12-May-2013
Details of Job Positions:
Grade ‘C’ Stenographer
Cadre of Service:
The candidates selected through this competitive examination will be posted under the following departments and cadre of services
- Central Secretariat Stenographer Service (CSSS) – Grade ‘C’
- Stenographer cadre of Indian Foreign Service (B) (IFS(B)) Grade-II
- Armed Force Head Quarter Stenographer Service (AFHQ) Grade ‘C’
- Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer Service (RBSSS) Grade ‘C’
- Election Commission of India Stenographer Service (EC) Grade ‘C’
- Central Vigilance Commission Stenographer Service (CVCSS) Grade ‘C’
In continuation to departmental candidates from the above mentioned cadre of service, candidates from Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) are also eligible to apply for the above mentioned positions
Number of Vacancies:
- The exact number of vacancies is still unknown. It will be as per the requirement of the concerned departments, which will be notified in due course.
- For all these posts reservation will be applicable to SC, ST, OBC, PWD and others as per rules
Who can apply:
Any regular Group ‘D’ or Grade-III employee of the above service cadres including Central Administrative Tribunal Stenographer who complies with essential eligibility conditions is eligible to apply for these positions
- For AFHQ, Central Secretariat and Railway Board the reckoning date for all eligibility conditions will be 1-July-2013
- For IFS (B), CAT, CVC & Election Commission the reckoning date for all eligibility conditions will be 1-August-2013
Period of Employment for Eligibility:
For candidates of CSSS: 6 years of continuous service in Stenographer Grade ‘D’
For candidates from CVCSS: 5 years of regular service as Stenographer Grade ‘D’
For candidates from AFHQ/ IFS (B)/ EC/ CAT/ RBSSS: 3 years of continuous and approved service under Stenographer Grade ‘D’
Ideally a candidate should not cross 50 years as on the last date of submission of application (Relaxable for SC, ST, OBC and PWD as per norms)
Typing and Stenography Skills:
The candidates have to clear the test of typing and shorthand as per the following norms:
- Shorthand Skill: A dictation of 100 wpm for 10 minutes
- Typing Skill: Transcription of the same text in English typing @ 40 wpm with a Computer (Total Transcription time 55 minutes)
- There will be relaxation in these norms for PWD candidates
Delhi, Allahabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chandigarh, Chennai & Raipur with AISL
- Preliminary Selection on the basis of credentials
- Screening Test (as per the SSC in shape of Objective Type Written Examination)
- Skill Test / Typing Test / Stenography Test
- Interview/ Personality Test
Documents to be attached along with the application:
a) Certified True Copy of the Service Book as certified by the head of the Department
b) Three recent passport size photograph to be pasted on the application
c) Photograph must have been signed by the forwarding authority with his seal and signature on it
d) Documents in support of relaxation in Age credentials
How to Apply:
All interested candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application form available at the website of the SSC through the notification as available at http://www.ssc-cr.org/notice_detail.php?noticeID=183 or at SSC Recruitment 2013 For Departmental Exam for Selection Of Group C Stenographer. The applications need to be sent to the following address so as to reach by the prescribed last date:
The Regional Director (NR)
Staff Selection Commission
Block No. -12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
- SSC Departmental Exam 2013 Notification Great Opportunities Offered by SSC Departmental Exams 2013 Besides all competitive exams for recruitment under various ministries and offices of...
- SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam 2013 Notification The Staff Selection Commission was set up in India mainly for conducting recruitment of various Indian candidates for the vacancies...
- Gauhati High Court Recruitment Jobs 2013: 63 Stenographer Vacancies Direct Recruitment To Stenographer In Principal Seat Of Gauhati High Court And Sub-Ordinate Judiciary Of Assam Advertisement No.PS-03/2013 With the...
- SSC Recruitment 2012 – 2013: Upper Division Departmental Competitive Examination 2012 Staff Selection Commission Upper Division Departmental Competitive Examination -2012 Advertisement No: 3/6/2012-P&P-II Dated: 11th of August 2012 Staff Selection...
- DGVCL Recruitment 2013 – Gujarati Stenographer (Vidyut Sahayak) Vacancies Dakshin Gujarat Vij Company Ltd. was incorporated on 15 September 2003 as an electricity company. It is a power distribution...