Established with the merger of Eastern and Western Shipping Corporation during the year 1961, the Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) was set by the Government of India. Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company. The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. SCI’s owned fleet includes Bulk carriers, Crude oil tankers, Product tankers, Container vessels, Passenger-cum-Cargo vessels, Phosphoric Acid/ Chemical carriers, LPG/ Ammonia carriers and Offshore Supply Vessels. Sailing through for nearly five decades, the SCI today has a significant presence on the global maritime map.
As a profitable commercial venture of the Government of India, the SCI has an excellent track record of profitability since its inception. The SCI’s annual performance has consecutively been rated excellent for a record 18 times, under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with the Government of India. At present SCI is regarded as one of the most honored Navaratna companies of India.
With the recent notification from the SCI, there is a notification to induct Trainee Marine Engineers from both male and female category.
The details of the criteria are as follows:
- Starting date for Online Registration of Application: 12-June-2013 from 10:00 AM
- Last date for Online Registration of Application: 03-July-2013 till 17:00 Hours
- Last date for receipt of the hard copy of the application sheet: 13-July-2013 till 17:00 Hours
- Tentative date of written examination: 28-July-2013
The applicant must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering /Mechanical & Automation Engineering. Candidates appearing their final year/ semester of examination by 31-July-2013 are also eligible to apply.
The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks with a good academic record throughout with not less than 50% marks in English in the 10+2 level
The applicants must not have crossed 28 years of age as on 1-January-2014 the date of commencement of training. There will be consideration for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates as per rules.
- The candidates must have a good Medical Standard as per the normal Sea norms. He/ She must possess good vision.
Training & Employment Perspective:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
The selected candidates have to undergo training for a period of 12 months at Kochi/ Mumbai. The candidates will be trained as Graduate Marine Engineers and will have to borne the course fee in complete. The course fee will be approximately Rs.300000. After completion of the course, the candidates will be inducted as trainee in SCI for a period of 6 moths. Upon successful completion such candidates may be selected for permanent employment at SCI.
The candidates will have to appear an all India Written Examination. The SCI may shortlist candidates for Written Test. After successful completion of the Written Test, the candidates will be called for Interview in the ration of 1:3.
The final selection will be based on the performance in the Interview and the marks obtained in the Written Examination.
- For SC/ ST Candidates: Rs.500
- For all others: Rs.1000
- The fee can be remitted through a fee receipt challan in the State bank of India as per the details mentioned at www.epostonline.in//Forms/SCI20110614/advtsci.pdf.
How To Apply:
- The candidates who are eligible as per the criteria set with this advertisement can apply online at www.epostonline.in//Forms/SCI20110614/Index.aspx.
- The candidates need to ensure that they have all competencies as detailed in the eligible criteria as on the advertisement.
- The application complete in all respect must be submitted online only after the deposit of application fees at designated banks.
- The candidates need to take a printout of the application (hardcopy) attach that with the necessary documents and fee payment receipt and send that to the address mentioned below on or before the scheduled date through ORDINARY POST only.
- The address to send completed application:
The VP (FP i/c)
Third Floor, Fleet Personnel Dept.
245, Shipping House, Nariman Point
Mumbai 400021, Maharashtra, India