Education is vital for development of a nation. Primary education plays a vital role in development of the basics from the early childhood and this is the reason, why there is a lot of emphasis in India on Universalization of Primary Education. Accordingly to maintain a uniform standard of education the NCTE (National Council of Teachers Education) has framed-out a set of guidelines so as to keep a Uniform standard of primary education in India across every state and UT. In line with this many states are conducting Teacher Eligibility Test for determining the standards of aspirants, who intend to join as teachers in 3 levels, viz; Primary, Upper Primary and High School levels. The TET offers eligibility to a candidate to join as teachers and the candidates who have cleared TET can apply for posts of Teachers in various Government and Private schools as per the requirements.
With the recent announcement of the Directorate of Primary Education, Uttarakhand State, an announcement has been made to select at least 980 posts of Assistant Teachers for Primary Education level at various government schools in Uttarakhand. Candidates who are eligible as per the details mentioned below and who have cleared the TET for Class-I to Class-V level will be eligible to apply for these posts.
The details of the recruitment criteria and the vacancy positions are explained as under:
- Date of publication of Notification: 01-Feb-2014
- Final date for submission of Application in prescribed format: 22-Feb-2014 till 5:00 PM
- Dates for determining age: 01-July-2013
Details of Positions/ Vacancies:
- Assistant Teachers: 980 posts (Appropriate reservation will be applicable for candidates)
- Uttarkashi: 66 Posts
- Chamoli: 60 Posts
- Rudra Prayag: 50 Posts
- Haridwar: 46 Posts
- Poudi-Garwal: 86 Posts
- Dehradun: 76 Posts
- Tehri-Garwal: 100 Posts
- Almoda: 120 Posts
- Udham Singh Nagar: 130 Posts
- Bageshwar: 86 Posts
- Pithouragarh: 110 Posts
- Champawat: 50 Posts
- The candidates should have completed Graduation in any discipline and should have obtained qualifications same or equivalent to BEd/ BEd (Special Education)/ DEd (Special Education) from any recognized University
- Candidates should have cleared TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) for Class-I to Class-V level conducted by the State Government of Uttarakhand/ Central Government or equivalent.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- The candidates, who are having permanent nativity of Uttarakhand will only be eligible for applying for these posts.
- The candidates should have registered with Employment Exchange of any district of Uttarakhand.
Age Related Criteria:
- The candidates should not have attained a maximum age of 40 years and should have obtained at least 21 years of age as on 01-July-2013.
- Relaxation will be applicable for persons belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC as per rules.
- With all relaxations, the maximum age of the candidates should not be above 50 years to be eligible to apply for these posts.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of the merit listing that will be calculated as per the standard norms as detailed in the detailed notification at http://schooleducation.uk.gov.in/upload/announcements/Announcement-180.pdf
- The selection will be done on a merit basis and scrutiny will be made considering the qualification of the candidates and marked obtained at each level of education.
- There will be fair examination at each stage for selection.
- Out of the total posts, 50% vacancies will be filled for Science subjects and rest 50% will be for Non-Science subjects.
Period of Special Training:
- The candidates selected as Assistant Teachers, will undergo a training of 6 months duration at the District Education and Training Institute.
- Out of this training period 3 months of training will be practical in nature in the concerned schools, where the applicant will join after completion of training.
How to Apply:
- All details regarding educational qualification, age and experience is available in detail on the website of the Uttarakhand School Education Department at http://schooleducation.uk.gov.in/upload/announcements/Announcement-180.pdf
- Candidates are advised to review each and every requirement in this regard from the above website before applying.
- The applicants can download the proforma application from the website of the Directorate of School Education at http://schooleducation.uk.gov.in or at http://schooleducation.uk.in
- Any sort of wrong, misleading and inappropriate information may lead to rejection of candidature
- No form of canvassing will be entertained
- The application completed in all respect must reach the under-mention address on or before the last date (22-Feb-2014 before 5:00 PM) by Registered Post/ Speed Post only
- Address to send completed application:
- The candidates are advised to paste their recent passport size photo and put their running signature on the Application Form
State Council of Education Research & Training (SCERT)
Rajiv Gandhi Navodaya Vidyalaya Premises
Nanurkheda, Dehradun, Uttarakhand