With a view to compete with the expansion and its booming trend of economical progress, SBI has announced to recruit huge numbers of competent human resource in 2014-15. In line with the thoughts, presently SBI invites competent individuals to join in 1837 (including 337 backlog) posts of Probationary Officers. State Bank of India will induct 1500 new POs for the year 2014-15.
The details of the vacancies and the most vital paraphernalia for recruitment are detailed as under:
Most Critical Dates:
- Date of commencement of Online Registration: 07-Apr-2014
- Final Date of Online Registration: 25-Apr-2014
- Date for Payment of Application Fees (Online mode): 07-Apr to 25-Apr-2014
- Date for Payment of Application Fees (Offline mode): 10-Apr to 28-Apr-2014
- Dates for Written Examination: June-2014 (Tentatively)
Cadre of Recruitment: Probationary Officers
State Bank of India Recruitment 2014-15 For 1837 Vacancies Of Probationary Officers: Advertisement Number CRPD/PO/2014-15/01
Popular as the most vividly exposed banking sector in India, State Bank of India (SBI) glorifies its presence being the single largest commercial banking institution of India since its inception. With its growth over post-independence era, it has merged many associate banks to its mainstream of operation. Presently SBI with all its associate banks forms a mammoth size organization in banking and finance in India.
Details of Vacancies:
- Total: 1837 positions (UR-758, SC-235, ST-439, OBC-405, PWD-120)
- Out of which Backlog: 337 Posts (SC-10, ST-327, PWD-16)
Note: There will be no reservation for OBC (Creamy Layer) and they will be treated as General
- The selected candidates who join the SBI as Probationary Officers will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.14500 – Rs.25700 and other perks as per rules.
- The pay will vary as per city of service and as per rules. The present basic pay will be around Rs.16900 (with 4 increments) for JMGS-I cadre.
- The compensation per annum at Mumbai is around Rs.8,40,000 at the beginning of the career.
Period of Probation:
- The candidates, who will be selected for appointment as PO in SBI, will have to serve the SBI for a probation period of 2 years from the date of their joining.
- They may be promoted to the next higher cadre after successful completion of Probation Period.
- The aspirant must not be under 21 years and over 30 years as on 01-Apr-2014
- Relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable as per rules
Education: (As on 01-Aug-2014)
- The aspirants must have obtained a Graduation (Bachelors Degree) from a recognized university in India
- The selection of candidates will be done through a written examination followed by a round of Group Discussion and Personal Interview, subsequently with verification of documents
- Written examination will test the understanding in i) General English, ii) General Awareness, iii) Data Analysis and Representation, iv) Reasoning
- The candidates have to secure a minimum percentile of marks (as decided by the SBI) along with passing in each section of the test
- The bank will be analysing the response of candidates with others in order to detect pattern of similarity. Such cases if detected will be liable for rejection and debarment from the selection procedure.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges:
- For SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.100 (Intimation Charges only)
- For General, OBC and others: Rs.500
a) The fees can be paid through Master/ Visa Debit/ Credit Cards online
b) The fees can also be paid through the system generated fee payment challan at any branch of SBI after registration from the 2nd day till next 3 working days.
Number of Attempts:
The SBI has taken measures to restrict the number of chances for various category of candidates. The maximum number of attempts a candidate can appear in the PO Selection examination is detailed as under:
- General: Maximum 4 attempts
- General (PWD): Maximum 7 attempts
- OBC/ OBC (PWD): Maximum 7 attempts
- For SC/ ST candidates: No maximum attempt restriction
How to Apply: APPLY ONLINE HERE
- The candidates can apply ONLINE only through the website of State Bank of India at www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in
- The aspirants are advised to fill in all details as indicated by the Online Application Form
- The aspirants are advised to refer to the website of the SBI at www.sbi.co.in/webfiles/uploads/files/SBI_PO_RECRUITMENT_ADVERTISEMENT_ENGLISH.pdf for instructions regarding uploading photograph and running signature at appropriate spaces
- The application may not be accepted unless a candidate does not upload his photograph and signature
- Only after payment of requisite fees, the application form will be considered as complete and can be considered for scrutiny and further selection
- An Email ID (valid and functioning) is must for applying online
- All candidates are advised to keep the print copy of the Online Application Form and the Original Fee receipt for subsequent phases of selection
- The candidates are also advised to keep a proof of their identity such as PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID for production as and when requested
- The Admit card/ call letters will be made available on the website only. No hard copy will be mailed to applicants
- The bank reserves the right to decide the base criteria and change the number of vacancies intimated at its discretion
- The decision of the bank in any matter relating to the selection will be final and binding on the candidates
- Any form of personification or canvassing will be dealt as a serious breach of conduct and disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates. Any misleading and wrong information may lead to disqualification of candidature.