Bhilai Steel Plant, a flag bearer Plant of SAIL and Ten times winner of Prime Minister’s Trophy for best Integrated Steel Plant in the country, invites ONLINE application from eligible Male or Female candidates for the post of Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) and Operator cum Technician (Trainee).
About SAIL: SAIL stands for Steel Authority of India Limited. It is one of India’s largest Maharatna Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE). As the name suggests the core business of SAIL is steel production. SAIL was founded in 1954 and is headquartered in New Delhi. Main products of the company is Steel, steel plates, wire products, long steel products etc. The annual revenue of the company is approximately Rs. 48,681 crore (at present). There are approximately 131,910 workers working for the company and the latest total income of the company is Rs. 3,542 crore (as per 2012). SAIL ranks as 14th largest producer of steel all over the world and it produces 13.5 million metric tons of steel annually.
Starting Date for Online Application: February 15, 2013
Last Date for Online Application: March 14, 2013
Payment Reconciliation Status with edit option: March 15, 2013
Closing of Payment editing option: March 15, 2013
Display of final reconciliation status: March 15, 2013
Starting Date to download Admit Card for written exam: March 15, 2013
Date of Written Examination: Will be intimated in Admit Card
Name of the Post along with Corresponding Vacancies:
Attendant cum Technician (Trainee) – 358 Posts
Operator cum Technician (Trainee) – 579 Posts
Trade Wise vacancies:
1. Attendant cum Technician (Trainee):
- Fitter: 193 Posts
- Mason: 07 Posts
- Welder: 20 Posts
- Electrician: 92 Posts
- Instrument Mechanic: 08 Posts
- Machinist: 13 Posts
- Computer Operator Programming Asst: 05 Posts
- Turner: 05 Posts
- Diesel Mechanic: 03 Posts
- Draftsman: 02 Posts
- HVD: 10 Posts
2. Operator cum Technician (Trainee):
- Metallurgy: 84 Posts
- Civil: 02 Posts
- Electrical: 67 Posts
- Electrical & Electronics: 100 Posts
- Mechanical/ Mechtronics: 288 Posts
- Refractory/ Ceramic: 02 Posts
- Electronic: 25 Posts
- Chemical: 01 Post
- Instrumentation: 10 Posts
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 28 years as on January 01, 2013
- For ACT (Trainee) Post:
For ITI holders -Matriculation with ITI from recognized institution in required trades
For HVD Trade- Matriculation with Heavy Vehicle Driver (HVD) License having one year experience in Operation of Tipper
- For OCT (Trainee) Post:
For Diploma holders- Matriculation with Diploma in Engineering from recognized institution in required trades
For Attendant cum Technician (ACT Trainee) post: Rs. 8630-3%-12080/- (S-1)
For Operator cum Technician (OCT Trainee) post: Rs. 9160-3%-13150/- (S-3)
Selection process will be based Written Test and Interview.
Note: For the HVD trade Practical/ Driving Test will also be conducted.
Training Period: Successful and selected candidates will be placed on training for period of two years.
- A consolidated pay of Rs. 8, 600/- p.m. during 1st year and Rs.10, 000/- p.m. during 2nd year will be paid for the Post of ACT (Trainee).
- A consolidated pay of Rs. 10, 700/- p.m. during 1st year and Rs.12, 200/- p.m. during 2nd year will be paid for the Post of OCT (Trainee).
Application Fee: In form of “SBI Challan”
For General and OBC candidates: Rs. 150/- for ACT (Trainee) post and Rs. 250/- for OCT (Trainee) post
For SC/ ST/ PWD/ Departmental candidates: Rs. 50/-
Candidates are suggested to download the Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) from the website after filling in the required details.
Candidates may pay the application fee in the mode Pay in Slip (“SBI Challan”) in State Bank of India Account No. 32549519300 at Sector -1 Branch, Bhilai, on behalf of BSP, SAIL.
Don’t forget to receive a unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the branch collecting the money, as this information is required during online registration process.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidate are suggested to apply online only from the website of SAIL that is www.sail.co.in. Any other mode of application will get rejected.
For more information on this recruitment such as reservation in vacancies, reservation in age limit, detail education qualification, required physical standards, other general conditions and much more, please refer to official advertisement from SAIL, here SAIL Bhilai Steel Plant Recruitment Jobs 2013 – 937 Trainee Vacancies.
One may also check out sail.shine.com.
- SAIL Recruitment 2013 – Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) Vacancies In Various Mines Raw Materials Division (RMD), the controlling unit of captive mines of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), a Maharatna Public Sector...
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) Recruitment 2012 IN SAIL-ISP, BURNPUR IISCO STEEL PLANT, a unit of STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED, invites applications for the following non-executive posts (Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee),...
- Bhilai Steel Plant Recruitment 2013 – Walk-In-Interview For RHOs, Registrars, and Senior Registrars Bhilai Steel Plant Recruitment Project For Medical Specialities -2013 Walk-In Interview on 31st of October 2012 At the apex of an elaborate...
- SAIL Recruitment Jobs 2013 – 54 Various Vacancies Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) offers various job opportunities for various kinds of freshers and experiences candidates. This time...
- Vizag Steel Plant Recruitment 2013 – 15 Various Vacancies Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited – Visakhapatnam Steel Plant is popularly known as Vizag steel. It is situated on sea shore...