Rajasthan Public Works Department Recruitment 2013 For Junior Engineer (Civil) Through Direct Entry Advertisement No: 01/ 2013
Rajasthan Public Works Department (PWD) has a glorious history in the development of the state of Rajasthan since pre independence. The department is mainly entrusted with construction and maintenance of Roads, Bridges and Government buildings etc. Initially, Irrigation, Public Health engineering were units of PWD. Subsequently these units were given separate entities to handle increased scope of work in the respective field.
Since the inception of the Department, it has strived through its continuous quest for excellence and putting milestones in the feat of Engineering. It is this time that the Department is treading into a new era of information technology to keep pace with the modernization. The Public Works Department being the oldest engineering department of the State, has its well woven network even below tensile level which enables the PWD to ensure the execution of a variety of jobs/ tasks anywhere in the state.
With the recent requirement from the State PWD department, it invites applications for filling up positions of Junior Engineers in Civil from Degree and Diploma holders under direct recruitment scheme.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
- Date of starting of receipt of ONLINE Application: 09-Sept-2013
- Date of Closing/ Expiry of Link for ONLINE Application: 11-Oct-2013 till 06:00 PM only
- Dates for payment of Application Fees: till 10-Oct-2013 office hours
- Date for reckoning Age Criteria: 1-Jan-2014
- Date of Written Examination: 27-Oct-2013
Vacancy Post/ Number of Vacancies: Total 331 Posts
- Junior Engineer (Civil) – Degree Holders – 265 posts
- Junior Engineer (Civil) – Diploma Holders – 66 posts
- Reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC and PWD candidates will be applicable only for natives of Rajasthan as per state government norms
- The candidates selected for these posts will be on Probation for a period of 2 years from the date of joining. They will be entitled to receive monthly remuneration as eligible under the Probation as per State Govt. Rules
- After successful completion of the Probation Period, the eligible candidates, who are selected for Junior Engineers, will be eligible for a running Pay Scale of Rs.9300- Rs.34800 and Grade Pay (in PB-II) of Rs.3600.
- Other allowances and facilities will be offered as per rules of the Rajasthan Engineering Service
Essential eligibility Conditions:
Age: The candidates applying for these posts must not have attained more than 37 years of age as on 1-Jan-2014. The minimum age prescribed is 18 years as on the same date. However, the relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per the rules only for the natives of Rajasthan State.
- Junior Engineer (Civil) – Degree Holders: The applicants must have secured a Bachelors Degree in Engineering (BE) in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University
- Junior Engineer (Civil) – Diploma Holders: The applicants must have secured a Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University / a Diploma in Civil Engineering form Institute of Engineers or equivalent
- The candidates must have adequate competency of Devnagari Script and should be able to read, write and speak Hindi and should have knowledge of culture and traditions of Rajasthan
- General (Unreserved), Creamy Layer of OBC and Special Backward Classes – Rs.1000
- OBC from Non-creamy layer (for candidates from Rajasthan only) – Rs.500
- SC/ ST from Rajasthan State and PWD – Rs.250
- All candidates have to submit a mandatory E-Mitra Kiosk/ CSC service fee of Rs.30
- The application fees can be deposited in Cash at the Kiosk and service centres
- The photocopy of Online application will be offered by the Kiosk or CSC free of cost
- Other state candidates have to contact the Kiosk/ CSC in order to apply for the posts. The contact numbers of such Kiosks and Centres are available on the website as mentioned above
- The fees can also be paid through Net Banking through State Bank of India as provisioned during Online Submission of Application
Mode of Application: ONLINE only through the website of the RPSC at http://exampwd.rajasthan.gov.in
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply Online through the E-Mitra Kiosks or Jan Seva Kendras (Citizen Service Centres) as designated by the Rajasthan Government through the web portal http://exampwd.rajasthan.gov.in .
- The candidates are required to get acquainted with the eligibility conditions prior to apply ONLINE
- The candidates need to scan and upload their recent passport size photographs and running signatures during filing online application.
- The selection of candidates will follow scrutiny of ONLINE Applications, Written Test, Personal Interview followed by Verification of Documents.
- Written will be conducted separately for Degree and Diploma holders
- Only those candidates selected on the basis of merit will be allowed for recruitment
- The decision of the Rajasthan PWD will be final and binding on the candidates
- Any form of improper and wrong information about the academics and age of the candidates may result in disqualification
- Any candidate found guilty of misconduct will be dealt with exemplary punishments
- The details of the application can also be obtained from http://pwd.rajasthan.gov.in/uploads/files/PwD%20Vigayapti-2013.pdf