Rajasthan Police Recruitment Notification 2013 For Constable (General Duty and Other Profiles) - In accordance to the rules and guidelines of the State Police Service Act, the Director General of Police, Rajasthan invites candidature to fill up 12178 vacancies for the position of Constable (General Duty), Constable (Driver), Constable (Band) and Constable Operator in different battalion and district wise units of Rajasthan.
The details of the vacancies are as under: Notice No. 5(3) PF/ C.R./13/3472
- Date of Notification of Advertisement: 14-July-2013
- Starting date for receipt of Online Application: 22-July-2013
- Last date for payment of Examination Fee: 20-August-2013
- Last date for submission of Online Application Form: 22-August-2013 till 2400 hours
Total Number of Vacancies and Reservations:
- Constable (General Duty)
- All areas except TSP and Saharia of Baran dist: 9737 Posts (UR-4868, OBC-1962, SBC-108, SC-1518, ST-1281)
- For TSP region: 997 Posts (UR-523, SC-53, ST-421)
- For Saharia of Baran district: 358 Posts (UR-115, OBC-34, SBC-5 & ST-204)
- Constable (Driver):
- All areas except TSP and Saharia of Baran dist: 812 Posts (UR-380, OBC-125, SBC-1, SC-192, ST-114)
- For TSP region: 57 Posts (UR-25, ST-32)
- For Saharia of Baran district: 24 Posts (UR-3, SC-1 & ST-20)
- Constable (Operator) – Police Communication: 61 Posts (UR-31, OBC-12, SC-9, ST-9)
- Constable (Band):
- All areas except TSP and Saharia of Baran dist: 120 Posts (UR-77, OBC-23, SBC-1, ST-19)
- For TSP region: 12 Posts (UR-7, ST-5)
- As per the notification from the Government, there will be no reservation for OBC and SBC for the districts of Dungarpur, Pratapgarh and Banswada.
- There will be 30% reservation for Women in horizontal basis
- There will be 12.5% reservation for Ex-Servicemen
- For other reservations candidates can check the detailed advertisement on the website of Police at www.exampolice.rajasthan.gov.in
- For General/ OBC/ SBC candidates: Rs.200
- For SC/ ST candidates (only for the natives of Rajasthan): Rs 150
- Candidates have to pay an additional fee of Rs. 30 to process the application through Common Service Centre (CSC) Kiosks
The fees can be deposited through any branch of Common Service Centre (CSC) in cash only.
Pay Scale, Grade Pay and Remunerations:
- The selected candidates will be under probation for a period of 2 years from the date of recruitment. During probation period the candidates will be entitled for a consolidated remuneration of Rs.7900 only.
- After successful completion of the probation period the candidates will be eligible for a Pay Scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and Grade Pay of Rs.2400.
Note: Apart from this the candidates selected for the positions will be eligible for other provisions as per the rules. The contributory pension scheme will also be applicable for all the selected candidates.
- The candidates applying for this post should be of minimum 18 years and maximum age of 23 years as on January 01, 2014.
- However, in case of candidates belonging to scheduled sections of the community (SC/ST), OBC, SBC, Women and Ex-Servicemen, the upper age limit is relaxable as per the normal age relaxation regulations
The candidates must have obtained at least a Secondary/ Matriculation certificate for District Police and must have passed at least 8th standard for RAC battalion.
For Police Communication Branch the minimum qualification is pass in Higher Secondary with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory papers.
The candidates applying for the post of Driver must have at least a valid LMV/HMV license on or before the last date of application.
The candidates are required to have minimum physical standard to be eligible for consideration.
- Height: 168 cm or higher for Male and 152 cm or higher for female candidates
- Chest measurement (male): 81 cm (unexpanded) and 86 cm (expanded) (the expansion difference must be minimum of 5 cm and no relaxation will be granted in this effect)
- The candidate must not be a victim of knocking knee or flat-foot or vision defect. The candidate is expected to be medically fit to become eligible for these posts.
- The standards will be lowered for ST candidates belonging to Saharia tribe
Where to Apply:
- The application form can be filled online at any Common Service Centre (CSC)/ E-Mitra Kiosks operated by Rajcom Info Services Limited under the Government of Rajasthan. The candidates have to submit a fee of Rs. 30 to CSC for online filing of Application Form.
- The applications can also be filled online through the web portal www.exampolice.rajasthan.gov.in after depositing the requisite fees at the E-Mitra Kiosks
The selection will be conducted in the following manner:
- Written Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Skill Test (for Drivers)
- Interview and Verification of Documents
Depending upon the performance Merit List and thorough Character as well as Antecedent Verification, the candidates will be offered postings through designated positions.
- The candidate needs not to attach any document during online filing of application form except his scanned photograph (scanning is available at CSC with a fee of Rs.5 only)
- The documentary evidence against date of birth, education, caste and special recognition should be submitted in original and in duplicate photocopies during the personal interview.
- The appointment will be offered only up on full confirmation of all the eligibility conditions and medical fitness as desired by the Police Headquarter, Rajasthan.
- The full version of this advertisement can be obtained at the website of Police Examination at www.exampolice.rajasthan.gov.in, or http://www.exampolice.rajasthan.gov.in/Documents/vigyapti2013.pdf