Chief Postmaster General, Punjab Postal Circle, invites applications from the eligible applicants for vacancies of Postal Assistants/ Sorting Assistants.
Notification Number: RECTT/1-1/2012/ Dated August 11, 2012
Last Date of receipt of Application: October 01, 2012
Last Date of receipt of Application (For applicants residing in Assam / Meghalaya / Arunachal Pradesh / Mizoram / Manipur / Nagaland / Tripura / Sikkim / Ladakh Division of J & K State, Lahaul & Spiti District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep): October 11, 2012
Start Date of sale of application form: August 11, 2012
End Date of sale of application from: September 25, 2012
Name of Posts:
Postal Assistant (Savings Bank Control Organization)
Total Number of Vacancies: 93
Pay Scale: Rs. 5200 – 20200/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 2400 plus admissible allowance
Age Limit: Minimum 18 years and Maximum 27 years
10+2 standards or 12th class passed with al least 60% marks (55% and above in case other backward classes, and 45% in case SC/ ST) and above from any recognised university/ board of school education, board of secondary education with english as compulsory subject.
Hindi as a subject in Matriculation or equivalent OR have studied local language of the state or UT of Postal Circle.
Aptitude Test of 100 Marks of two Hours (No Negative Marking)
Part A – General Knowledge
Part B – Mathematics
Part C – English
Part D – Reasoning and Analytical Abilities
Computer/ Typing Test (30 Minutes)
Short-listed candidates on basis of Marks will be called for Aptitude Test.
Five times of total number of vacancies, that is, 93*5 = 465 Candidates will be declared qualified for Computer/ Typing Test based on the marks obtained in Aptitude Test.
The minimum qualifying marks is as below
OC – 40%
SC/ ST – 33%
OBC – 38%
The final merit shall be prepared on basis of Marks obtained in Aptitude Test plus Marks Obtained in Computer/ typing Test.
Application Form: Rs. 50/-
Interested and eligible candidates amy obtain the application form from All Head Post Offices, and Identified Post Offices in the Circle from dated August 11, 2012 to September 25, 2012.
Examination Fee: Rs. 200/- (SC/ ST/ PWD, and Female candidates are exempted from Examination Fee)
One should be deposited the examination fee in the post office of the circle to which the applicant is applying and obtain ACG-67/UCR receipt.
How to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates amy send send duly completed application form along with ACG-67/UCR receipt to Direct Recruitment Cell, New Delhi HO, New Delhi 110001, through SPEED POST/ REGISTERED POST only. Candidates are suggested to enclosed a windoe envelope affixing a postage of Rs. 5 to ebanle for despatching the Admit Card.
Applicants may visit the website www.indiapost.gov.in on regular basis till the last date of examination so that he/she gets last minute update if any in schedule of examination/eligibility status/venue status/other information related to the Recruitment process.
- Tamil Nadu Postal Circle Recruitment 2012 – Postal And Sorting Assistant Vacancies Chief Postmaster General, Tamil Nadu Circle, Department of Posts, India, invites applications from the eligible applicants for vacancies of Postal...
- Kerala Postal Circle Recruitment 2012 – Postal And Sorting Assistant Vacancies Chief Postmaster General, Kerala Postal Circle, invites applications from the eligible applicants for vacancies of Postal Assistants/ Sorting Assistants. Notification...
- High Court of Punjab and Haryana Recruitment 2012 – 102 Posts of Restorer High Court of Punjab and Haryana invites application from eligible candidates for 102 Posts of Restorer. Important Dates: Last Date for...
- Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Recruitment 2012: Posts of Sub Divisional Engineer (Civil) The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Applications from eligible Candidates for recruitment to 15 Posts of Sub Divisional Engineer (Civil)...
- High Court of Punjab And Haryana At Chandigarh Recruitment 2012 For Judgement Writers Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh invites application from eligible candidates for the post of Judgment Writer. Important Date: Last...