The joint Punjab service Commission is a precursor of Punjab Service commission that runs from Khyber Pass to Jamuna near Delhi. After the participation it was rescued in the year 1948 at Shimla with its revised Jurisdiction extending for the provision to East Punjab. When the merging of Punjab and Pepsu took place, got shifted to Patiala on 1 Nov 1956 and its jurisdiction get decreased at the time of partition between Himachal Pradesh and Haryana.
Name of Post:
Vacancies have been offered for the post of Civil Judge/ Judicial magistrate.
Total Number of Vacancies:
Total numbers of vacancies offered for this post are 71 (Including all categories).
Out of which 23 are for General category, 4 are for SC, 3 FOR SC Ex-servicemen/Linear descendent, 7 for Balmiki/Mazhbi Sikh, 5 for OBC candidates, 3 for OBC Ex-servicemen/Linear Descendant, 10 for Ex-servicemen/Linear Descendent, 5 for physically challenged candidates, 2 for freedom fighters and 5 for sports person (All of Punjab).
Date of Advertisement- 8-3-2013
Last Date for Filling Application form- 31 Mar 2013
Last Date for Receipt- 8 April 2013
Eligibility Criteria: As on March 31, 2013
The eligibility includes educational qualification and age limit. The candidates must pursue a Bachelors degree in Law through a recognized university incorporated by Law in India or by Punjab University/ Dacca University/Tribhuwan University/Sing University (Nepal)/Mandalay University in Burma/Barrister of Ireland or England/faculty of Advocate of Scotland.
Candidates must possess an age more that 21 years and should not exceed 37 years. Relaxation has been provide for SC/ST/OBC category is up to 42 years, for State/Central government employee is up to 47 years, for divorcees/widows/ other Category women up to 42 years and for physically challenged candidates up to 47 years respectively.
The pay scale offered for the post of Junior Judge cum Judicial Magistrate is Rs.27700- 44770 which may get revised from time to time.
The Selection of the candidates will be taken place in three stages-
- Preliminary test
- Main Examination
- Viva Voca
Application Fee: In form of Demand Draft issued by a branch of State Bank of India or State Bank of Patiala, drawn in favour of the Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission, payable at Patiala.
For Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward: Rs. 625/-
For Physically Handicapped, Punjab: Rs. 1250/-
For Ex-Servicemen of Punjab: No Fee
For All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex-servicemen, Punjab): Rs. 2500/-
Note: Candidate are strongly suggested to write his/ her Name, Post Applied For, Registration Number, and Address in BLOCK LETTERS on the reverse of the Bank Demand Draft.
Mode of Application:
Only online mode of application form is acceptable by Punjab Public Service Commission.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- The candidates can go through the official website of Punjab Public Commission and can fill the online application form with all the relevant details asked. After which if you match up with the eligibility criteria will be called for the first round of selection process mentioned above.
- Candidate need to include there reserved category along with the application form for which they want to consider.
- Candidates are suggested to take printout of the filled Online Application Form, and send the same along with demand draft and requested documents as listed in official advertisement, to the office of Secretary, Punjab Public Service Commission on or before April 08, 2013 by 5.00 PM.
For more detail on this recruitment such as detail on preliminary examination, main examination, interview; maximum number of attempts (3), relaxation in age limit, reservations in vacancies, and other important information please refer to official advertisement here PPSC Recruitment 2013 – Punjab Civil Service (Judicial Branch) Exam 2013. To refer to any further information regarding enrollment details do refer to www.ppsc.gov.in.
- Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) Recruitment 2012: Posts of Sub Divisional Engineer (Civil) The Punjab Public Service Commission invites Applications from eligible Candidates for recruitment to 15 Posts of Sub Divisional Engineer (Civil)...
- PPSC Recruitment 2013 – 25 Sub Divisional Engineer (Civil/Electrical) Vacancies Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Applications From eligible Candidates for posts of the Sub Divisional Engineer (Civil/Electrical) in the...
- HPSC Recruitment 2013 – H.C.S (Judicial Branch) Examination Haryana Public Service Commission invites applications from eligible candidates for the post of Civil Judge (Junior Division). Important Dates: Last...
- PPSC Recruitment 2012: PSCSCCE-2012 (Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination 2012) Recruitment Notification Through Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Exam -2012 The Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination-2012 (PSCSCCE-2012)...
- PPSC Recruitment 2013 – 334 Medical Officer Vacancies Punjab Public Service Commission invites Online Applications From eligible Candidates for Posts of Medical Officer (General) in the Health and...