Advertisement No: 08 OF 2012-13
Odisha Public Service Commission, as one of the apex authorities for recruitment and administrative support for government departments and functionaries has invited application from eligible candidates for recruitment to the Group-C vacancies of Assistant Section Officers of Governor’s Secretariat and State Secretariat, by Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC). Detailed information and application forms can be availed in official portal of OPSC at www.opsconline.gov.in.
- Availability of Online Application Form: from 10th October 2012 till 30th November 2012 11:59 PM
- Last date for receipt of application fee at any STATE BANK OF INDIA (SBI) branch: 03rd December 2012
- Last date for receipt of print out/hard copy of Online Application along with copy of specified documents/ certificates: Will be Announced Later (Only For Candidates Who will Qualify in the Written Test)
Name Of The Posts And Number Of Vacancies:
Assistant Section Officers in Governor’s Secretariat– 11 posts in total
Out of which Un-reserved -1 post, S.E.B.C. – 3 posts (1-Women), Scheduled Caste – 5 posts 2-Women) and Scheduled Tribe – 2 posts (1-Women)
Assistant Section Officers in State Secretariat– 800 posts in total
Out of which Un-reserved -190 posts (63-Women), S.E.B.C. – 216 posts (72-Women), Scheduled Caste – 317 posts (106-Women) and Scheduled Tribe – 77 posts (26-Women)
Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 24 vacancies are reserved for Ex-Servicemen, 08 vacancies are reserved for Sports Persons and 24 vacancies are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates.
Nature of Post: Permanent
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The selected candidates will be eligible for the Pay Scale of Rs.9300- Rs.34800 + Grade pay of Rs.4200
- The candidates will get other allowances and perks as per norms
Essential Eligibility Factors:
- Educational Qualification: A candidate must hold a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any of the recognized Universities in India, and must have knowledge of computer applications.
- Age: A candidate should be under 32 (thirty-two) years and over 21 (twenty- one) years of age on the 1st January 2012. (As per the Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate)
Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per norms
- Local Language Proficiency: The candidate shall be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard.
- For Unreserved category: Rs 300
- For Reserved candidates: No Fee
How To Pay:
Candidates are required to take a printout of finally submitted online Application for future use and take printout of online challan (pay- in- slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Mode of Selection: Examination
The selection of candidates will be made on the Written Examination, Essay (Odia & English), Skill test in Computer (Practical), basis of career marks and Viva Voce Test.
Note: Test duration will be of one hour for each section/ subject. There is no negative marking so attempt all questions. Only short-listed candidates will be called for computer skill test.
Examination Centres: 33 Zones
Important Documents to be Attached along with Application Form:
- Candidates are required to submit along with the printout/hard copy of online application
- True copies of certificates and documents duly attested by the candidate or a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public
- The candidates are also required to mention, on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same
How to Apply:
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in.
The candidate must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal, before filling up the online application form -
- Instructions to fill up online application form
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression
The candidates are suggested to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan as well. On successful submission of application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID for any further correspondence.
Note: No need to send hard copy of application form at this stage.
Address For sending Detailed Application Form: Only For Candidates Who will Qualify in the Written Test
The Special Secretary
Odisha Public Service Commission
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001
Candidates can send the Printout/Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with specified documents by Registered Post/ Speed Post/ Courier Service to so as to reach the same in the OPSC on or before prescribed date (Will be decide later).
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from OPSC here http://www.opsconline.gov.in/ADVT/081213.pdf