Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) is the state level nodal agency for releasing notifications, selecting candidates by conducting competent evaluation and recruiting the candidates in multiple departments and their subsidiary organizations as and when the departments require such candidates for their service channels. The OSSC is taking a lot of strain to frame out the guidelines for selection and conducting a dedicated evaluation of the candidature to select the best suitable persons for various state government positions.
With the recent requirement from the Department of Excise of the State, the OSSC has released a notification regarding inviting competent candidates for filling up contractual vacant posts of Sub Inspector Excise.
The details of the vacancies and the norms of recruitment are detailed as under:
Name of the Post: Sub Inspector Excise
Total no of posts: 26 Posts (Out of which, 08 posts are reserved for Women. Out of the complete posts 04 posts are reserved for SC, 06 posts for ST and 03 posts are reserved for SEBC candidates. Remaining 13 posts are marked for UR candidates with this order. 01 post for Ex-SM candidates are reserved. This post is not suitable for PWD candidates.
- Date of publication of notification: 16-Dec-2013
- Starting date of registration of Online Application: 17-Dec-2013
- Last date for submission of Online Application: 16-Jan-2014 till 11:59 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Jan-2013
- The candidates who will be selected for this post will receive remuneration in the scale of PB-I in the range of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade pay of Rs.2800
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable for these candidates as per rules.
Essential Eligibility Factors:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Age: The candidates must have complete 21 years of age but not reached 32 as on 01-Jan-2013. Age relaxations are applicable according to the rules laid down by the state government. Proof of age is to be reckoned as in the matriculation certificate or school leaving certificate or Birth Certificate issued by competent authorities.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: The candidates must have Completed Graduation (Bachelors Degree) in any discipline .
- Competency: The candidates should be able to read, write and speak Odia language. They should have passed ME standard (7th Class) in Odia language/ HSC with Odia as a subject
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of a Written Round, the Viva-Voice and Career Assessment Marks as per the discretion of the Staff Selection Commission.
- There will be negative marks (0.25 marks) for each wrong answer in the Written Examination.
- Candidates other than SC/ST have to pay Rs 100/- through a treasury challan in favour of “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees Collected For Conducting Examination-02041-Examination Fee”
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates are exempted from paying any fees
- The candidates can also pay the fees online through the e-Treasury Challan as available at the website of Odisha Treasury at www.odishatreasury.gov.in
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply for the posts by logging into the official site of www.odishassc.in. Detailed instructions for filling up of the post are provided here.
- Before applying online the candidates are requested to read through the detailed advertisement at www.odishassc.in/pdf/web%20SIEXI%20advt.pdf
- Candidates are required to fill in the application form, and by uploading a recent passport size photograph, they have to put the photo in the specified place in the form.
- Two copies of the submitted applications need to be printed out, one for the SSC and other for the candidate.
- The copy meant for SSC is to be immediately filled up and sent to the commission along with the original treasury challan and with attested photocopies of the certificates and documents as proof of birth, educational career, caste, etc.
- The Admit cards etc. Can be downloaded from the website of the OSSC
- The envelope containing Detailed Application Form (DAF) must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SUB INSPECTOR OF EXCISE”
- Address to send the completed application form by Speed Post/ Registered Post:
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No-1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751054
- Place and date of written examination will be conveyed to the candidates in due course.
- The final selection merit list will be published in the official site of the Commission.