Odisha SSC Announces Recruitment Notice For Inspector in the Weights & Measures (Legal Metrology), Department of food supplier and consumer welfare
Advertisement No: 2259/OSSC Date: 18th of July 2012
Staff Selection Commission also plays a major role in state recruitment drives acting as the apex level agency for recruitment of various government job positions in the State Cadre of recruitment.
According to the recent notification released on 18th of July 2012 from The Odisha Staff Selection Commission, there are openings for Inspector in the Weights & Measures (Legal Metrology), Department of food supplier and consumer welfare, Govt. of Odisha, Bhubaneswar. The details of the vacancies and the recruitment procedure are described underneath:
Name of the Post: Inspector
Mode of Application: Online (Major) as well as Offline (under conditions)
Post Code: 72/IWM
Department of Posting: Department of food supplier and consumer welfare, Govt. of Odisha
Numbers of vacancies: 10 (Ten)
Scale of Pay:
Pay Band I – Rs.9200 –Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2800. Other provisions as per government norms
- End Date for receipt of Online Application: 21st of August 2012 till 1700 Hours
- End Date for receipt of Detailed Application Form (DAF): 28th of August 2012 till 1700 Hours
The Commission clearly states that there will be reservations for the categories like SC/ ST/ SEBC (Socially and Economically Backward Communities) and Women Communities.
Out of total position of 10 vacancies, 1 post will be reserved for SC, 3 posts will be reserved for ST and SEBC candidates, and 3 posts will be Unreserved. There is 3 post reserved for Women candidates from SEBC, ST and Unreserved categories.
How to Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the website of the Commission at www.odishassc.in for the first phase of Online Application Form submission
- The candidates are requested to practice acute sense of cautiousness for filling the online application form.
- No space or information should be left vacant
- The candidates need to upload their photo and signature at the appropriate spaces on the Online Application Form
- Immediately after submitting the Online Application, the candidates need to take out two copies of the application (One for reference of the applicant and other is the OSSC copy)
- The OSSC copy of the application should be attached with the original fee receipt challan and other essential certifications will be known as Detailed Application Form (DAF) and to be sent to the following address of the Commission, so as to reach the Commission on or before the date and time defined above.
Odhisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No: 1, Unit-V, Bhubaneswar – 751 054
- The DAF can also be dropped at the specific Box placed at the Commission’s Office.
- The candidate can follow his application status by logging on to the Commission’s Website at different times through the Log in ID as offered by the Commission with the generated password
Other Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate must fall within the age group of 21 -32 years as on 1st January 2012 to be eligible to apply. The candidate must not have born before 2nd January 1980 and should not have born after 1st of January 1991.
However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for 5 years in case of SC, ST, SEBC and Women as well as relaxation for candidates in other categories as per rules.
The candidates must have a Bachelors Degree in Science with Physics or Graduate in engineering from recognized university or diploma in engineering with three years professional experience and Odia as a one of the languages in their matriculation subjects. The candidate must have passed some equivalent qualification in Odia till middle school standard.
- For SC/ ST candidates: NO fee
- For all others: Rs.100
How to pay the application fees:
The application fees can only be deposited through treasury challan
Treasury Challan Account:
0052- PSC- 104- UPSC/ SSC- Examination Fees- 0047 – Fees Collected for conducting Examination – 02041 – Examination Fees
The challan number and fees along with dates are to be mentioned on the Online Filing of application form
Procedure of Selection:
The candidates have to appear a written test and depending upon the result secured in the written round and career assessment, the candidates will be called for a Viva-Voice round and the final selection will be based upon merit performance of the candidates on this whole procedure.
- The decision of the Commission will be final and binding on the candidates
- The candidates found guilty of misconduct will be dealt seriously
For more detail information on this recruitment such as how to apply, examination process and plans, documents to submit along with application form, place and date of written examination, admit card, selection process, and result please refer to official advertisement from Odisha SSC here http://www.odishassc.in/pdf/Adv.Inspector,W%20&%20M.pdf