The Police department of Odisha is one of the most vital departments of the state controlling the law and order of this state, which has been dominated with naxalite movements and simultaneously prospering with a splurge of industrial revolution. The Odisha Police has recently announced notification for induction of Police Constables in various disciplines across various districts of the state. The details of the eligibility criteria and the other essentials for application are detailed as under. As usual being a state government job, this bears adequate security and other benefits with a standard pay scale and remunerations.
Most Important Dates:
- Last Date Of receipt of Completed Application: 25-June-2013
- Date for Physical Measurement/ Fitness Test: 25-July-2013 from 7:00AM onwards
District-wise Vacancies: Total 1303 Vacancies in the state
- Police Commissionerate (Bhubaneswar-Cuttack): 164 Vacancies
- Cuttack: 26 Vacancies
- Jagatsinghpur: 22 Vacancies
- Jajpur: 40 Vacancies
- Nayagarh: 30 Vacancies
- Kendrapara: 17 Vacancies
- Puri: 40 Vacancies
- Khurda: 25 Vacancies
- Balasore: 39 Vacancies
- For vacancies of other districts candidates can log on for the detained advertisement at http://www.bpspaorissa.gov.in
Pay Scale Provisions:
- Police Constable – The applicant will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-I with Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.2000
Registration in Employment Exchange:
The applicants must have registered their names in any of the Employment Exchanges of their respective district by the date of publication of this advertisement.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- For the vacancies of Police Constables, the candidates need to have completed 10+2 along with the prescribed Physical Standard to eligible for consideration for selection.
- The candidates should be able to read, write and speak Odia language. They should have passed ME standard (7th Class) in Odia language
- Police Constable – The applicant should be within 18-23 years of age as on 01-Jan-2013
- Note: Age will be relaxable for the SC, ST, BC and Women candidates as per rules
- Height: 168 cm (163 cm for SC/ST)
- Chest (normal): 79 Cm (76 cm for SC/ST)
- Chest (expanded): 84 cm (81 cm for SC/ST)
- Weight: 55kg (50 kg for SC/ST)
- Apart from this relaxation for physical standard of Women is available as per rules
- Apart from this standard the candidates have to pass through Physical Endurance Test
- Rs.150 for General and OBC category
- No application fee for SC/ST
- Application Form Cost: Rs.35 for all categories
- The fee can be paid through Demand Draft or Indian Postal Order in favor of the SP of the concerned district. The form as can be downloaded from the website of Biju Patnaik Police Academy at http://www.bpspaorissa.gov.in
- For details of addresses for making the DD/ IPO can be found from the above website
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through the following stages at the concerned selection grounds: (for details log on to http://www.bpspaorissa.gov.in)
- Verification of documents
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Written Examination
- Final Medical Test
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through prescribed format of application as available at the website of the Biju Patnaik Police Academy at http://www.bpspaorissa.gov.in
- The applications can also be purchased on submission of Demand Draft/ IPO at the District SP offices (amount Rs.35)
- The candidates can submit only One Application.
- The candidates have to complete their application form and send that to the address specified for each district in the detailed advertisement at the above website, so as to reach by the last date of receipt of application
- The benefits of age relaxation will be applicable for natives of Odisha State only.