Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC) Recruitment 2014 for Graduate Executive Trainee Thru GATE-14 Score
Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited, a “Navratna” Government of India Enterprise, under the administrative control of MOC has a chequered history of achievements in the last 56 years since its inception in 1956. A pioneer among the public sector undertakings in energy sector, NLC operates Opencast Lignite Mines and Thermal Power Stations in the state of Rajasthan.
All the Mines and Thermal Power Stations of NLC are ISO Certified for Quality Management System, Environmental Management System and Occupational Health & Safety Management System. With a sustainable growth NLC contributes to India’s social and economic development in a significant manner.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering as Graduate Executive Trainee (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Mining/ Control & Instrumentation/ Civil and Computer Engineering) in its core sector of operation. All these category of posts will be recruited to NLC Ltd. through GATE-2014 Score, the registration for which is continuing at present.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Graduate Executive Trainee (GET)
Number of Vacancies:
- GET-Electrical (GATE-2014 paper Code: EE & EC): 21 Positions (UR-13, OBC-5, SC-3, ST-1)
- GET-Mechanical (GATE-2014 paper Code: ME): 27 Positions (UR-15, OBC-7, SC-4, ST-1)
- GET-Mining (GATE-2014 paper Code: MN): 10 Positions (UR-7, OBC-2, SC-1)
- GET-Control & Instrumentation (GATE-2014 paper Code: IN): 09 Positions (UR-6, OBC-2, SC-1)
- GET-Civil (GATE-2014 paper Code: CE): 08 Positions (UR-5, OBC-2, SC-1)
- GET-Computer (GATE-2014 paper Code: CS): 03 Positions (UR)
- NOTE: Candidates with Degree in Electrical & Communication Engineering will have to appear for GATE-2014 paper in EC code only although it is combined in Electrical Discipline as per NLC’s requirement. No other combination will be allowed.
- Starting date for online registration of application for GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 01-Oct-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 03-Oct-2013
- Starting date for online registration of application at NLC: 20-Dec-2013
- Last Date of Online Registration of Application by NLC: 20-Jan-2014
Important GATE-2014 Eligibility Factor:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2014 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions.
- Without GATE-2014 valid score card, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Marks obtained in GATE-2013 or any other previous GATE examination WILL NOT BE considered valid for this recruitment
- Candidates should have passed qualifying Degree examinations and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ BSc (Engg)/ AMIE with 60% of marks (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate in respective branches of Engineering to be eligible to apply for these posts
- GET-Electrical (GATE-2014 paper Code: EE & EC): Degree (BE/BTech/BSc Engg)/ AMIE in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics (for EE) and Electronics & Communication (for EC paper)
- GET-Mechanical (GATE-2014 paper Code: ME): Degree (BE/BTech/BSc Engg)/ AMIE in Mechanical Engineering
- GET-Mining (GATE-2014 paper Code: MN): Degree (BE/BTech/BSc Engg)/ AMIE in Mining Engineering
- GET-Control & Instrumentation (GATE-2014 paper Code: IN): Degree (BE/BTech/BSc Engg)/ AMIE in Instrumentation/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- GET-Civil (GATE-2014 paper Code: CE): Degree (BE/BTech/BSc Engg)/ AMIE in Civil/ Civil & Structural Engineering
- GET-Computer (GATE-2014 paper Code: CS): Degree (BE/BTech/BSc Engg)/ AMIE in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Information Technology/ PG Degree in Computer Applications
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 30 years as on 01-Dec-2013
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ST/PWD/OBC etc.)
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Trainee Engineers in the above disciplines through NLC must have appeared in GATE-2014 in the same disciplines and posses a valid GATE-2014 score
- Based only on the GATE-2014 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines. GATE-2013 score will not be considered valid for this recruitment.
- Further selection will be based on Group Discussion / Group Task and Personal Interview.
- The list of short listed candidates for Group Discussion/Personal Interview will be available in our website www.nlcindia.com and also communicated to the candidates through e-mail
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Training
Probation Period and Training:
- The details of the information will be available shortly on the Website of NHC at www.nlcindia.com.
- The candidates will be subjected to 1 year of training after their joining in NLC
- The candidates selected as Trainees Engineers will receive a starting scale pay with CTC of around Rs.6.15 lakhs per annum. In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
Service Agreement Bond:
- The candidates selected as Graduate Executive Trainee will have to sign a Bond with the Corporation for an amount Rs.100000 (Rs. One lakh only) for serving the company for a minimum period of 3 years of service with the NLC.
- For SC/ST/PWD: Fees exempted
- For all others: Rs.300
- The fees can be deposited through a fee payment challan (could be downloaded from the website of NLC) in any branch of State Bank of India having Core-Banking facility. No other mode of fee payment will be accepted.
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply for GATE-2014 with their candidature through single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) or on the websites of www.iitkgp/gate2014.com or any other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore website
- With the GATE-2014 registration Number, these candidates can apply online in NLC on the career section of NLC website at http://www.nlcindia.com/ from 20-December-2013 onwards.
- The candidates can review the detailed advertisement at the concerned section of the website at http://www.nlcindia.com/careers/Advt.No.08_2013_eng.pdf
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form with unique registration number, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep that for future reference.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year
- All future correspondence will be sent via E-mail only
- Candidates should note that the selection process will commence only after the declaration of GATE 2014 results.
More Latest Recruitment Jobs Vacancy 2015-2016
This Job is Posted Under Various Relevant Categories as Home » Employment News 2013, Employment News 2014, Free Job Alert - FreeJobAlert, FreshersWorld, GATE 2014 | GATE Exam 2014 Notification Eligibility Syllabus Application Form Result, Latest Government Govt Jobs, Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC) Recruitment, Public Sector Jobs Through GATE » NLC Recruitment 2014 for Graduate Executive Trainees