Naval Dockyard (Mumbai) today is undoubtedly one of the most technically sophisticated Ship Manufacturing and Repair Yards in the country and has assimilated a high degree of skills in repair and maintenance of a wide variety of modern warships and submarines along with state of the art weapons, missile guidance systems, guns, torpedoes, advanced propulsion systems, high speed diesel engines, electronic control and monitoring devices and communication systems. Presently the Dockyard has a good number of skilled personnel in different trades, employed in various work centers in ship manufacturing and repair activities. This is the largest organization of its kind on the Western Coast of India. Instituted as Bombay Dockyard, today Naval Dockyard has taken its shape as a very important dockyard of the country.
Presently Naval Dockyard (Mumbai) is inviting application from dedicated and competent Indian male citizens to join the posts of Tradesmen (Skilled) in the ND (MBI). The applications are invited through Online Mode and through the website at www.godiwadabhartee.com.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Important Date Schedule:
- Opening date for Online Registration of Application: 20-Jan-2014 from 0900 hours
- Closing date for Online Registration of Application: 03-Feb-2014 from 1700 hours
Posts to be Filled Up: Tradesmen (Skilled)
Number of Vacancies: Total 349 Posts (Gen-152, OBC-150, SC-05, ST-42)
- Weapon Fitter: 07 Posts (OBC)
- Radio Fitter: 03 Posts (OBC-02, UR-01)
- Radar Fitter: 01 Post (UR)
- Sonar Fitter: 01 Post (UR)
- Electronics Fitter: 21 Posts (ST-02, OBC-08, UR-11)
- Gyro Fitter: 02 Posts (OBC-01, UR-01)
- Computer Fitter: 01 Post (OBC-01)
- Instrument Fitter: 04 Posts (ST-01, OBC-02, UR-01)
- Electroplater: 03 Posts (UR)
10. Electrical Fitter: 11 Posts (OBC-06, UR-05)
11. Plater (Fitter): 48 Posts (SC-02, ST-05, OBC-18, UR-23)
12. Blacksmith: 02 Posts (OBC-01, UR-01)
13. Sheet Metal Worker: 03 Posts (ST-01, OBC-02)
14. Ship Fitter: 24 Posts (SC-01, ST-01, OBC-10, UR-12)
15. Welder: 17 Posts (ST-05, OBC-10, UR-02)
16. Painter: 17 Posts (SC-01, ST-04, OBC-05, UR-07)
17. Tailor: 07 Posts (ST-01, OBC-06)
18. Shipwright: 28 Posts (SC-01, ST-04, OBC-11, UR-12)
19. Rigger: 21 Posts (ST-03, UR-18)
20. Engine Fitter: 36 Posts (ST-03, OBC-13, UR-20)
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
21. Machinery Control Fitter: 04 Posts (OBC-03, UR-01)
22. REF & AC Fitter: 10 Posts (ST-01, OBC-07, UR-02)
23. Pipe Fitter: 01 Post (OBC)
24. Pattern Maker: 07 Posts (OBC-04, UR-03)
25. Ice Fitter: 34 Posts (ST-01, OBC-14, UR-19)
26. Gas Turbine Fitter: 04 Posts (OBC-02, UR-02)
27. Machinist: 12 Posts (ST-01, OBC-07, UR-04)
28. Boiler Maker: 06 Posts (ST-02, OBC-02, UR-02)
29. Millwright Fitter: 07 Posts (ST-01, OBC-06)
30. Civil Works (Mason-BC): 04 Posts (ST-03, OBC-01)
31. Ice Fitter Crane: 03 Posts (ST)
- The candidates selected as Tradesman (Skilled) will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay of Rs.1900 under PB-I
- Apart from the basic pay scale the candidates selected will be eligible to get allowances and other facilities as per rules
- Age of the candidate should be within 18 to 25 years as on the closing date of submission of application. The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates as per prevailing rules.
- The applicant should have passes Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized board with knowledge of English.
- Along with the above credentials the candidate should have undertaken apprenticeship training in the trade (or) Mechanic or equivalent with two years regular service in the appropriate Technical Branch of the Army, Navy and Air Force.
- The selection process shall consist of an Objective type Written Test and followed by an Interview and Medical Examination (where desired) for selecting the candidates on a Merit Listing.
How to Apply:
- Eligible applicants are required to apply through ‘On-line application Format’ available on ND(MBI) recruitment website www.godiwadabhartee.com
- Candidates need to read the instructions and fill the application form as per the exact requirements as mentioned on the portal http://www.davp.nic.in/ with the Advertisement No: DAVP 10702/11/0450/1314
- A valid email ID and scanned copy of Signature and Photographs are required for completing the Online Submission of Application
- After applying online candidate is required to download the registration slip generated by the system with unique registration number and keep it for future reference
- One copy of registration slip should be forwarded to the following address by ordinary Post only to complete the application procedure:
- Any queries in this regard should be sent to the email of Naval Dockyard at email@example.com
- The written test will be conducted at Mumbai Only.