GATE Way To MECL For Geologists, Geophysicists and Mechanical Engineers -2013
Advt no: 01/Rectt/2012
Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited is an organisation under the Ministry of Mines under the Government of India, which is one of the leading organisations of India working with Mining and excavations. MECL invites applications from academically brilliant individuals for various positions as Engineering Trainee/ Officer Trainee in multiple disciplines.
The candidates who will be appearing GATE-2013 in required disciplines will only be eligible to apply for these posts.
The other essential information regarding the vacancies is mentioned as under:
- Commencement of online application for GATE-2013 – 1st Sept’12
- Last date of online application for GATE 2013 – 30th Sept’12
- Commencement of submission of application to MECL – 1st Jan’13
- Last date of submission of application to MECL – 31st Jan’13
Details of Vacancies with Requisite Academic Qualifications:
- Geologist – 15 posts – M.Sc/ M Tech/ M.Sc. Tech in Geology/ Applied Geology/ M Tech in Geological Technology with minimum 65% marks
- Geophysicist – 5 posts – M.Sc/ M Tech/ M.Sc.Tech in Geology/ Applied Geology/ M Tech in Geophysical Technology with minimum 65% marks
- Mechanical Engineer – 20 posts – B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Sc. Engg. in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 65% marks
Age limit for all posts – Maximum age should not be more than 28 years as on 31st Jan’13
The candidates will have to appear in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)-2013, and based on the score in the GATE-2013, candidates will be shortlisted for interview in the ratio of 5 times the number of vacancies.
GATE paper to be cleared for different streams:
Geologist – Geology & Geophysics – GG
Geophysicist – Geology & Geophysics – GG
Mechanical Engineer – Mechanical Engineering – ME
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
Pay Scale & Compensation –
When the candidates are placed initially as trainee, they will have basic pay of Rs. 16400 per month with the scale of Rs. 16400- Rs.40500 (E/1) with the applicable DA, HRA, conveyance allowance, medical facilities, and others.
Placement: The Placement of the trainee will be after one year of Training period and the location of which can be any place in the country where projects of the company are going on.
Agreement Bond: The candidates have to sign a Service bond of Rs. 250000 will have to be signed by the candidates on a non judicial bond paper of Rs. 500 to serve the company for 4 years period including the training period.
Health Certificate: The candidate will have to obtain a Health Certificate before joining. The certificate may be issued from the Civil Surgeon of a Government Hospital or Board Hospital.
Application Fee: Rs. 100 for all categories (except SC/ ST) which shall have to be paid in shape of IPO in favour of “Mineral & Exploration Corporation Ltd.” The IPO should be payable at Nagpur.
How to Apply:
- A candidate needs to register for GATE-2013 in order to apply for MECL vacancies.
- Only upon receipt of GATE-2013 registration number only, the candidate can apply through prescribed application form available at the portal of MECL at http://www.mecl.gov.in
- The application must contain all supporting documents as requested in the application form as annexure
- The application form completed in all respect must reach the following address on or before the last date for submission (i.e. 31st Jan’13)
- Application for each post should be sent in a separate envelope and the envelope must super-scribed with the name of the post applied for
Address for sending Completed Application Form:
The General Manager (P&A)
Dr. Babnasaheb Ambedkar Bhawan
Highland Drive Road, Seminary Hills,
Nagpur – 440006
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here http://www.mecl.gov.in/PDF/CurrentOpenings.pdf