In order to give effect to the provisions of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 & Rules made there under, Motor Vehicle Department has been setup as per Section 213 of Motor Vehicle Act 1988 in the State of Maharashtra.
The Motor Vehicles Department’s functions are monitored and controlled by Transport Commissioner Office, located at Mumbai. The State has 15 Regional Transport Offices and 35 Deputy Regional Transport Offices including 61 Flying Squads in the State. There are 22 Check-posts across the border of Maharashtra where vehicle documents, tax payments, fitness, in respect of commercial vehicles entering or leaving the State are checked.
With the present announcement, the Maharashtra Transport Department invites competent applications for recruitment of Clerk-Typist from eligible candidates.
The details of the requirement are as follows:
Most Important Dates:
- Date of Announcement of Notification: 28-Oct-2013
- Starting date of registration of Online application: 28-Oct-2013
- Last date for registration of Phase-I of Online Application: 11-Nov-2013
- Date of fee Payment at State Bank of India: from 28-Oct-2013 till 13-Nov-2013
- Last date for registration of Final Phase of Online Application after submission of fees: 16-Nov-2013 till 5:45 PM
Cadre of Recruitment:
- Clerk-Typist: 208 Posts (Gen-102, SC-27, ST-19, and remaining for other category of candidates)
RTO wise vacancies:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- RTO-Thane: 21 Posts
- RTO-Panbel: 20 Posts
- RTO-Pune: 33 Posts
- RTO-Kolhapur: 39 Posts
- RTO-Nasik: 08 Posts
- RTO-Dhuche: 18 Posts
- RTO-Amrabati: 20 Posts
- RTO-Aurangabad: 05 Posts
- RTO-Nanded: 05 Posts
- RTO-Latur: 06 Posts
- RTO-Nagpur (City): 21 Posts
- RTO-Nagpur (Rural): 14 Posts
- Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.1900 under PB-I
Details of Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicants must not have crossed 33 years and should be above 18 years of age as on 28-Oct-2013.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates as per rules.
- The applicant must have completed SSC or its equivalent qualification from a recognized University
- The applicant must have proficiency of Marathi Typing and should have passed Government Examination for Marathi Typing at the rate of 30 wpm
- The selection of candidates will be done through a procedure Online Written Objective Test, Typing Skill Test and Personal Interview.
- The decision of the Transport Commissioner, Maharashtra State will be Final and Binding on the selection
- For General category: Rs.400
- For reserved category: Rs.200
- For Ex-SM of Maharashtra: No fees will be applicable
- The fee can be paid in shape of cash deposit challan as downloaded from the website of the Maharashtra Transport in any branch of State Bank of India.
How to Apply:
- The candidates, who fulfil the above eligibility criteria can apply through Online Mode as available at the website of the Maharashtra Transport at http://fileserver.mkcl.org/RTO2013/OasisModules_Files/Files/1.pdf
- The aspirants should take care to fill in all details as indicated by the Application Form, failure of which may subject to rejection of candidature
- After completion of 1st phase of application, the candidates need to download the fee payment challan and deposit required fees at the State Bank of India (any branch)
- The candidates can complete their application after completion of fee payment through challan.
- Any misleading and wrong information may lead to disqualification of candidature
- Canvassing will be condemned.