Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India is a completely government of India owned and operated organization which is engaged to provide insurance and security to millions of lives in India since a long past. This Government of India Insurance service provider is at present the largest Insurance Service Provider in India, as far as its infrastructure and extensive reach is concerned. This national level insurance provider is presently boasting a huge figure of securing lives of almost 250 million insurers by 2013. With its full functions, the LIC operates in India with 8 Zonal offices, 2048 fully computerized branch offices, 109 divisional offices, 992 satellite offices along with the central control of the Corporate Office.
With the present requirement for competent professional in its team, the LIC of India is inviting candidature through the prescribed application format as available at the website of LIC. It is intended for filling up almost 107 Financial Service Executives (FSE) in the year 2013 under its South Central Zonal Office, Hyderabad.
The details of the eligibility norms and the criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Mode of Recruitment: The selection will be done and the appointment will be made on Contract Basis for a period of 3 years
- Starting date of receipt of completed application form: 08-Aug-2013
- Last date of Receipt of Completed Application and deposit of Application Fees: 31-Aug-2013
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-Aug-2013
Name of the Positions and Number of Vacancies:
- Financial Service Executives (FSE): Total 107 Posts (reservation will be applicable as per norms)
- Division-wise vacancies:
- Bangalore-1: 12 Posts (SC-2, OBC-4, Gen-6)
- Bangalore-2: 10 Posts (Gen-5, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-2)
- Belgaum: 07 Posts (Gen-4, SC-1, OBC-2)
- Dharwad: 10 Posts (Gen-5, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-3)
- Cuddapah: 07 Posts (Gen-4, SC-1, OBC-2)
- Hyderabad: 09 Posts (Gen-6, SC-1, OBC-2)
- Karimnagar: 01 Posts (Gen)
- Machilipatnam: 02 Posts (Gen-1, ST-1)
- Mysore: 06 Posts (Gen-3, SC-1, OBC-2)
- Nellore: 12 Posts (Gen-6, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-4)
- Raichur: 05 Posts (Gen-3, SC-1, OBC-1)
- Rajahmundry: 02 Posts (Gen)
- Secunderabad: 06 Posts (Gen-3, SC-1, OBC-2)
- Shimoga: 03 Posts (Gen-2, SC-1)
- Udupi: 13 Posts (Gen-7, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-3)
- Visakhapatnam: 01 Post (Gen)
- Warangal: 01 Posts (Gen)
TOTAL: 107 Posts (Gen-60, SC-15, ST-5, OBC-27)
The applicants getting selected as Financial Service Executives (FSE) will be eligible to receive a regular Pay per month with attractive commission/ incentives on yearly performance.
The candidates applying for the job position must have completed his Graduation. Preference will be given to candidates having Degree or Diploma in Marketing or Management. Fluency in English, proficiency in local/ regional language and expertise on soft-skills (MS word, Excel, Powerpoint) will be advantageous for candidates. The candidate must have adequate working knowledge of computers. Candidates already having IRDA license are not eligible
The applicant should have achieved a minimum age of 21 years and should not have crossed the max age limit of 35 years as on 01-Aug-2013.
Note: Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per the category of candidates as per rules.
- For SC/ ST: Fees exempted
- For General, OBC & others: Rs.100
- The candidates will have to pay this fee in shape of a Demand Draft on any bank in favour of “LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA” and payable at Head Quarters of the Divisional Office which the candidate chooses.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection for the posts will be on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the Written Test and Interview.
- The final selection will be made after the Personal Interview considering the performance.
- Prior to joining LIC the candidates will be subjected to Pre-Employment Medical Test.
- The candidates selected for the post have to undergo a theoretical training and pass IRDA examination, prior to starting their insurance activities
The candidates selected to the post of Financial Service Executives (FSE) will be on a Contractual recruitment for a period of three (3) years.
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the website of LIC at http://www.licindia.in/pages/SCZ_FSE_Recruitment_NOTIFICATION-2013-14.pdf
- No other mode of application will be accepted
- Candidates should read all instructions given on the advertisement before applying.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application and the fee payment Demand Draft for future reference
- The envelope containing application form should be super-scribed as “ENGAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICE EXECUTIVES, ______________ DIVISION”
- The address to send completed application form:
The Senior Divisional Manager,
LIC of India,
(Concerned Divisional Address for each specific region as mentioned on http://www.licindia.in/pages/SCZ_FSE_Recruitment_NOTIFICATION-2013-14.pdf)
- Agents with in-force licence are not eligible for engagement as FSE
- Spouse of Agent/Employee are not eligible for engagement as FSE.