CPMG, Kerala Announces Recruitment For Sportspersons In Various Positions In Kerala Postal Circle
Notification No.: Rectt/31-4/2008 Date: 10th of September 2012
Chief Postmaster General (CPMG), Kerala, with his recent notification has invited applications from meritorious Sportspersons in the following disciplines for appointment as Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant and Postman in the Department of Posts against the vacancies for the years 2004 to 2010 under sports quota in Kerala Postal Circle.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility are as under:
Posts and number of vacancies:
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – 32 Posts
- Postman – 20 Posts
- Athletics – 8 (4 Men & 4 Women)
- Cycling – 2 (Men only)
- Shuttle badminton – 5 (3 Men & 2 Women)
- Football – 9 (Men only)
- Kabaddi – 8 (Men only)
- Weight lifting,
- Power lifting and Best physique – 2 (Men only)
- Volley ball – 9 (Men only)
- Cricket – 4 (Men only)
- Hockey – 5 (Men only)
- Date for starting of receipt of application form: 10th of September 2012
- Last date for submission of application form: 10th of October 2012
Meritorious Sports candidates will be selected for appointment in six distinct orders of preference and on their performance in the selection trials. They are:
- First Preference: The candidates who have represented the country in an international competition with the clearance of the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Second Preference: The candidates who have represented and won medals or positions up to third place in the Senior or Junior Level National Championships or National Games organised by the IOA.
- Third Preference: The candidates who have represented a University in an Inter-University competition conducted by the Association of Indian Universities /Inter-University Sports Board and have won medals or positions in finals
- Fourth Preference: The candidates who have represented the State Schools in the National Sports/Games for Schools conducted by the AISF and have won medals or positions
- Sixth Preference: The candidates who have represented a State/ Union Territory/ University / State School Teams at the Levels (II) to (IV) above but could not win a medal or position in the same order of preference.
The candidates must be within 18-27 years of age as on 10th of October 2012 (Relaxation for SC/ ST in upper age limit will be as per norms)
A special relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for meritorious sportspersons as per special consideration
Academics/ Educational Qualifications:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
a) Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant:
- 10+2 Standard or 12th class pass with at least 60% marks (55% for Other Backward Classes and 45% for SC/ ST with English as a compulsory subject)
- Should have studied local language of the State of Kerala ie. Malayalam or Hindi as a subject at least in Matriculation or equivalent
b) Postman: The candidates must have passed Matriculation from a recognised Board/ University
Pay Scale/ Remunerations:
a) Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant: Rs.5200- Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2400
b) Postman: Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2000
c) The selected candidates will also be eligible for admissible perks
How to Apply:
- Applications from the eligible candidates should be sent in the prescribed format, with complete details and signatures wherever necessary.
- No original Certificates should be attached with the application form at this stage
- The application completed in all respects must be sent in an envelope super-scribed as “Application For Recruitment Under Sports Quota” and addressed to:
The Chief Postmaster General
Recruitment Section, Kerala Circle
Thiruvanthapuram – 695033
- The final date for sending completed application form to the address mentioned above is 10th of October 2012
- The applications can be sent only by Registered Post or Speed Post
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to Kerala Postal Circle Recruitment 2012 – Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant And Postman Vacancies