The Indian Ordnance Factories are a group of 41 factories governed by the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. The factories come under the aegis of Ordnance Factory Board, Kolkata and are involved in production of defence hardware and equipment. These factories are aimed at providing reliable and state-of-the art battlefield equipments to the armed forces. With an experience of over 200 years, the factories have made their presence felt not only in India but abroad. Export quality products of the company speak volumes of high level production facilities that the company has.
Equipped with latest technology and trained personnel, the company wants to expand its customer base in non- defence equipments as well. Wide range of equipments and products include air, land and water warfare. Besides production, the company is engaged in testing, logistics, research, development and marketing. Products manufactured by the company range from civilian arms & ammunition, armoured vehicles, military vehicles, optical devices, explosives, etc. At present, the company has a workforce of about 1, 50,000.
Indian Ordnance Factory Recruitment
The company is in need of fresh workers to replenish aging personnel in the manufacturing unit. Going by the statistics, the Ordnance Factory Board has sanctioned 12,500 posts of semi-skilled personnel this year. Extreme shortage of workers has led to ample vacancies in the multi-disciplinary company. Majority of vacancies are filled through direct recruitment (60%) while 40% recruitment is done through promotions.
It is one of the civil services in India. The cadre size is 1760 posts inclusive of Group A, B, and C posts. The cadre is composed of Engineers (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics), Technologists (Chemical, Textile, Leather, Metallurgical) and non technical (Science, Law, Management, Arts).
The recruitment in ‘Group A’ officer cadre is done by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Engineering posts are filled through the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) while non technical streams are filled through Civil Services Examination (CSE). Recruited IOFS officers are trained at National Academy of Defence Production, Nagpur. Knowledge on topics like engineering, management, production, government rules, human relations, etc are imparted as part of the induction programme.
Relaxations in upper age limit and adequate reservation is given to candidates belonging to reserved category.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
There are also ITI and Non-ITI apprentice positions available under Indian Ordnance Factory recruitment. The minimum qualification for non ITI posts is 10th pass while ITI candidates should have passed relevant trade tests.
Group C posts include Electrician, Fitter Electronics, Fitter General, Machinist, Millwright, Moulder and Turner. Basis of selection is written test and medical exam.
Indian Ordnance Factories: Indian Ordnance Factories And Opportunities
- Ordnance Clothing Factory Avadi (OCFAV)
- Ordnance Cable Factory Chandigarh (OCFC)
- Ordnance Clothing Factory Shahjahanpur (OCFS)
- Ordnance Equipment Factory Kanpur (OEFC)
- Ordnance Equipment Factory Hazratpur (OEFHZ)
- Ordnance Factory Ambernath (OFA)
- Ordnance Factory Ambajhari (OFAJ)
- Ordnance Factory Bhandara (OFBA)
- Ordnance Factory Bhusawal (OFBH)
- Ordnance Factory Bolangir (OFBOL)
- Ordnance Factory Kanpur (OFC)
- Ordnance Factory Chandrapur (OFCH)
- Ordnance Factory Dumdum (OFDC)
- Ordnance Factory Dehu Road (OFDR)
- Ordnance Factory Dehradun (OFDUN)
- Ordnance Factory Itarsi (OFI)
- Ordnance Factory Khamaria (OFK)
- Ordnance Factory Katni (OFKAT)
- Ordnance Factory Muradnagar (OFM)
- Ordnance Factory Project Nalanda (OFN)
- Ordnance Factory Project Korwa (OFPKR)
- Ordnance Factory Project Medak (OFPM)
- Ordnance Factory Tiruchirapalli (OFT)
- Ordnance Factory Varangaon (OFV)
- Opto Electronics Factory (OLF)
- Ordnance Parachute Factory (OPF)
- Ammunition Factory Khadki (AFK)
- Cordite Factory Aruvankadu (CFA)
- Engine Factory Avadi (EFA)
- Field Gun Factory Kanpur (FGK)
- Gun Carriage Factory (GCF)
- Grey Iron Foundry (GIF)
- Gun and Shell Factory (GSF)
- Heavy Alloy Penetrator Project (HAPP)
- High Explosive Factory (HEF)
- Heavy Vehicle Factory (HVF)
- Machine Tool Prototype Factory (MPF)
- Metal and Steel Factory (MSF)
- Rifle Factory Ishapore (RFI)
- Small Arms Factory (SAF)
- Vehicle Factory Jabalpur (VFJ)
One can refer Employment News and other national dailies for advertisements of vacancies as and when they arise. One can be a part of the premier company in providing self reliant and quality defence production services.
We shall be updating you guys on every bit of information for Indian Ordnance Factory Recruitment 2013.
Official Website: http://ofbindia.gov.in