Indian Army Recruitment 2013 For Short Service Commission (Technical) For Both Male And Female Candidates
Indian Army is one of the most advanced combat forces of the world and one of the three apex combat forces of India serving dedicatedly for the security of the motherland. Joining Indian Army is known as one of the most acclaimed career option for young and enthusiastic Indians who are dedicated to serve the motherland. The jobs with Indian Army is highly honoured and recognized as one of the most prestigious job options in India. Induction of 6th Pay Commission Recommendations has made Indian Army Jobs as one of the charming job options for youths who would like to go for a prestigious career with high salary and perks.
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates from both male and female category who have an inclination for joining Indian Army as a Commissioned Officer through Short Service Commission for Technical Entry.
The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course:
- SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (Men): 42nd batch
- SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (Women): 13th Batch
- Starting date of Online Registration of Application: 15-July-2013
- Closing date for Online Registration of Application: 16-August-2013
Number of vacancies (discipline-wise): Total 69 posts
- Civil Engineering – 11 posts for Men and 01 Post for Women
- Architecture – 01 post for Men and 01 Post for Women
- Mechanical Engineering – 05 posts for Men and 02 Posts for Women
- Production (including Industrial/Manufacturing/Industrial Engg & Management) – 03 posts for Men and 01 Post for Women
- Automobile Engineering– 02 posts for Men and 01 Post for Women
- Aeronautical/Aerospace/Avionics Engineering – 02 posts for Men and 01 Post for Women
- Electrical/Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 06 posts for Men and 02 Posts for Women
- Electronics/Instrumentation/Micro Electronics & Microwave – 06 posts for Men and 02 Posts for Women
- Electronics & Telecom/ Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Satellite Communication Engineering – 07 posts for Men and 03 Posts for Women
- Food Tech/Bio Tech Engineering – 02 posts for Men and 02 Posts for Women
- Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.Sc Computer Sc – 04 posts for Men and 02 Posts for Women
For Widows of Defence Personnel – Vacancies – 02 posts
- SSC W (Non Tech) for Graduate in any discipline – 01 Post under Non UPSC Entry
- SSC W (Tech) for B.E/B.Tech in any stream – 01 Post under SSCW (T) -13 Course
Norms of Eligibility:
For SSC (Tech)-42 Men: The candidate must be within 20-27 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-April-1987 and not later than 01-April-1994 (both these days are included for consideration).
For SSC (Tech)-13 Women: The candidate must be within 20-27 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-April-1987 and not later than 01-April-1994 (both these days are included for consideration).
For Widows of Defence Personnel
For SSCW (Non-Tech): The candidate must be within 19-29 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Jan-1985 and not later than 01-Jan-1995 (both these days are included for consideration)
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
For SSCW (Tech): The candidate must be within 20-31 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-April-1983 and not later than 01-April-1994 (both these days are included for consideration)
- Widows of Defence Personnel, including those with children will only be eligible if they are not remarried
- The envelope containing the application of such candidates should be superscribed in Red Ink indicating clearly the name of the officer with rank. For example, Widow of late …….,
- Such candidates will apply OFF LINE directly to Integrated HQ of Min of Defence (Army), AG’s Branch, DG Rtg/ Rtg – 6 (WE) Section, West Block – III, RK Puram, New Delhi – 110066
b) Educational Standards:
For Engineering Graduates: The candidates studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree (in respective disciplines) and who are qualified graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering (in respective disciplines) will be eligible to apply. The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA.
Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency: As per service codes as detailed on the Indian Army Website at http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/
Pay Packages and CTC:
- During Training Period at OTA, Chennai, the candidates will received a stipend of Rs.21000 per month
- After completion of training, the CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately Rs.65000 per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
- Apart from this Indian Army also offers various other allowances and perks as per rules
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
- Total Training duration will be of 49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai (OTA)
- On successful completion of which Candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lieutenant
- The final allocation of Arms/ Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentleman Cadets from OTA
- Candidates will not be allowed to live with parents / guardian
- Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at OTA
- Engineering Graduates will be granted Short Service Commission (on probation) and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lieutenant during training period
- Short Service Commission will be allowed to Officers (Male and Female) in the regular Army for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years. Male officers may be granted permanent Commission after completion of 10 years of service. But female officers will not be entitled for extension beyond 14 years of SSC.
Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
- Short listing of Candidature
- Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
- Medical Board Examination
- Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates who fulfil the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form.
Official Advertisement @ http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10601_22_1314b.pdf
More Latest Recruitment Jobs Vacancy 2015-2016
This Job is Posted Under Various Relevant Categories as Home » Defence Jobs, Employment News 2013, Free Job Alert - FreeJobAlert, Indian Army Recruitment, Latest Government Govt Jobs » Indian Army Recruitment August 2013 For Short Service Commission (Technical)