Indian Army Recruitment 2013 Under University Entry Scheme Batch-24 Commencing From July 2015
Indian Army is one of the most elite combat forces of the world and one of the three apex military forces of India. Serving dedicatedly for the security of the motherland, this force symbolizes bravery and gallantry for excellent counter-enemy operations. Joining Indian Army is considered as one of the most acclaimed career options for young generation. And enthusiastic Indians who are dedicated to serve the motherland take pride in being a part of this elite force. The job with Indian Army is highly honoured as one of the most prestigious job options in India. Introduction of 6th Pay Commission Recommendations has made Indian Army Jobs as one of the charming job options for everyone who would like to go for a prestigious career with salary and perks at par with any private sector or multinational organization.
With the recent notification from Indian Army, the applications are being invited from young and enthusiastic candidates who are studying in Pre-Final Year (III year) in academic session 2013-14 in BE/BTech courses. These candidates will be joining with Permanent Commission after completion of their BE/BTech (final year) with required training and orientation.
The details of the openings and the essential criteria for selection are detailed as under:
Name of the Course: Indian Army University Entry Scheme – 24th Batch
- Last date for receipt of application at Army HQ Command: 28-Oct-2013
- Tentative date for publication of Merit List: Last week of May 2015
Number of vacancies: Total 60 vacancies (Tentative)
- Civil Engineering (including Building Construction Technology): 15 Vacancies
- Architecture: 02 Vacancies
- Mechanical Engineering: 06 vacancies
- Production Engineering: 03 Vacancies
- Automobile Engineering: 02 Vacancies
- Aeronautical / Aerospace / Avionics: 02 Vacancies
- Metallurgical / Metallurgical & Explosives: 02 Vacancies
- Electrical / Electrical & Electronics: 06 Vacancies
- Electronics Engineering: 07 Vacancies
- Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Telecommunication: 08 Vacancies
- Bio-Tech / Food Tech: 02 vacancies
- Info Tech / Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/ MSc (Comp Sc.): 05 Vacancies
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Nationality: The applicant should be a citizen of India in order to be eligible for the post
The candidate must be within 18 years – 24 years of age and should not have born earlier than 01-July-1990 and not later than 01-July-1996 (both these days are included for consideration).
c) Educational Standards:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
Candidates studying in the Pre-Final of the Engineering Course in the subjects mentioned above will be eligible to apply but must possess the educational qualification at the time of joining training or should be able to produce the proof of having obtained the educational qualification within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army.
Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency: As per service codes as detailed on the Indian Army Website at http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/ for posts of Permanent Commission
Type of Commission: After successful completion of degree course the candidates finally selected will be admitted for Pre-Commission training at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for a period of 12 months. After successful completion of training course cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Indian Army in the rank of Lieutenant.
Duration of Training:
- Total training will be for 12 months at IMA, Dehradun as Pre Commission Training
- Engineering graduates will be granted Short Service Commission (on Probation) and will be entitled to draw full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period.
- The candidates will be awarded Permanent Commission after successful completion of training
- Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
Stipend/ Pay and Allowances:
The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs.21000 p.m. as is admissible pay to the rank.
Pay Packages and CTC:
- After completion of training, the CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately Rs.65000 per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
- Apart from this Indian Army also offers various other allowances and perks as per rules
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
- Short listing of Candidature
- Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.) for 5 days including the day of arrival
- Medical Board Examination
- Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates who fulfil the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
- The envelop (white) containing the application should be SUPERSCRIBED IN RED INK indicating clearly the branch of Engineering applied for. For example: ‘APPLICATIONS FOR 24 UES ENTRY – (Branch of Engineering)’
- The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form
- The envelope should be sent to the HQ Commands as per the address mentioned in the detailed advertisement at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10601_29_1314b.pdf