(Short Service Commission for Both Male And Female)
Indian Army is one of the three major wings of Indian Armed Service Wings guarding the boundaries of our nation. Indian Army is considered to be one of the most efficient land-fighters in the world. Fighting four major wars, insurgency and other low intensity wars has indeed made the Indian Army an eminently and efficient battle trained, war machine.
With the recent initiative, Indian Army is inviting Special Entry for its 35th Course commencing from April 2014 for candidates having NCC ‘C’ Certificate. Only an unmarried Male of female can join this service if he/she fulfills all eligibility criteria and other vital requirements. The details of the recruitment in to the courses are as follows:
Name of the Entry Scheme: The Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme
Number of Vacancies:
- Male: 50 (45 for General category and 05 reserved for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army only)
- Female: 04 (10% will be reserved for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army only)
Important dates to reckon for:
- Last date for receipt of application at NCC Bn/Gp HQ: 01-August-2013
- Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC: 01-September-2013
Norms of Eligibility:
a) Age: The candidate must be within 19-25 years of age and should not have born earlier than 02-Jul-1989 and not later than 01-Jul-95 (both these days are included for consideration).
b) Educational Standards:
- The applicants must have a Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks
- Those studying in third year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled
- The candidate must possess graduation degree at the time of joining training at Officers Training Academy (OTA)
c) Service in NCC: Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division of NCC and must have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC
Note: NCC ‘C’ Certificate is not required for wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel provided they submit a letter certifying the casualty
Physical Fitness Standard and Physical Efficiency: As per service codes
Pay Packages and CTC:
- During Training Period at OTA, the candidates will received a stipend of Rs.21000 per month
- After completion of training, the CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately Rs.63725 per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
- Apart from this Indian Army also offers various other allowances and perks as per rules
- Indian Army also provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Group Insurance, Car/ Housing Loan at subsidized rates.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Total Training duration will be of 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai
- On successful completion of which Candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lieutenant
- The final allocation of Arms/ Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentleman Cadets/Lady Cadets from OTA
- Candidates will not be allowed to live with parents / guardian
- Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at OTA
- The University of Madras will award “Post Graduate Diploma in Defense Management and Strategic Studies” to all cadets who successfully complete Pre-Commission Training at OTA, Chennai
Note: Training is however liable to be terminated at any time trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit
Period of Probation: An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he/she receives the commission.
The selection will be based on the following testing of eligibility:
Short listing of Candidature
Service Selection Board (Interview/ Group Task/ Personality Test, etc.)
Medical Board Examination
Announcement of Merit List
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who fulfill the minimum basic eligibility criteria are required through the prescribed application form as available at the website of Indian Army at www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
The candidates need to ensure that they fill up complete details and attach all essential credentials, photographs before submitting their application forms
The candidates need to ensure that they have signed at appropriate spaces as required on the application form.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme for 35th Course Commencing From April 2014.