NCC Special Entry Scheme 33RD Course-April 2013
Short Service Commission (NT) for Mem and Women including wards of battle casualities of Army Personnel
The Indian Army: A Job to change your life forever.
Indian Army invites application from Unmarried/ Married Male and Unmarried Female candidates for grant of short service commission in Indian Army. Indian Army also invites application from the wards of battle casualties of Army Personnel.
- NCC Men – 50
45 seats are of General Category and 05 seats are reserved for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army only.
- NCC Women – 08
10% vacancies of Women are reserved for Wards of Battle Causality of Army personnel only.
- Last Date of Receipt of Application in Rtg Dte for Wards of battle casualties: August 15, 2012
- Last date for receipt of application at NCC Bn/Gp HQ: August 01, 2012
- Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC: October 01, 2012
Age Limit: Minimum 19 years, Maximum 25 years
Candidate must not born earlier than January 02, 1988 and not later than January 01, 1994.
Educational Qualification & Other Criteria:
- For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders:
Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks
Service in NCC: Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of N.C.C
Grading: Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
- For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel:
Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks.
NCC ‘C’ certificate not required.
Candidates under category of Wards of Battle Casualties to send their applications direct to Addl. Dte Gen of Recruiting/ Rtg-6, NCC Entry, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066.
Supportive documents Ref., Eligibility for wards of battle casualties of army personnel to be attached along-with the application form.
- Height and Weight:
Minimum acceptable height for Men: 157.5 cms
Minimum acceptable weight for Men: According to Height
Minimum acceptable height for Women: 152 cms
Minimum acceptable weight for Women: 42 Kg
Note: For candidates from North East and Hilly Areas like Gorkhas, Nepalies, Assamies and Garhwalis, the minimum height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height.
For candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height.
- Visual Standards:
The minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, myopia of not more than minus 3.50 for men and 5.50 for women including astigmatism. A healthy retina.
Physical Fitness Standards at OTA:
Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes,
Push Ups-13 Nos.
Sit Ups-25 Nos.
Chin Ups 6 Nos.
Rope Climbing 3-4 Meters
Method of Selection:
- Screening/Shortlisting of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ DG NCC.
- Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interview by Additional Directorate General of Recruiting.
- On arrival at the Selection Centre, the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stage testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I will be Sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detained to undergo Group Tests, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for duration of 5 days.
- Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates.
- The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of ADG Recruiting and Indian Army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Duration of Training: 49 Days
Place of Training: OTA Chennai
Stipend During Training at OTA:
During the period of training the candidates will be given a stipend or Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs. 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay Rs. 5,400/-). On completion of training, Officers are commissioned as Lt and entitled to the pay scale.
How To Apply:
Interested and eligible dynamic young candidates are suggested to apply on plain paper as per the format given in the advertisement, duly typed.
Duly completed applications in all manners should be posted to the nearest OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
Process of Application: A Method
Applications of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter- signed by Commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC’ ‘C’ certificate has been issued and advance copy be sent direct to DG NCC West Block- IV, RK Puram, New Delhi-11 0066.
All NCC Units will forward the applications to DDG, NCC of the concerned State. DDG, NCC States will process all applications and forward them to Dte Gen NCC.
For more details on this advertisement as method of selection, medical examination, travelling allowances, terms and condition of services, total cost to company, offered privileges, group insurance and gratuity, leave schemes, sports and adventure intake, required documents to attached and some other important instruction from SSB, please refer to http://davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10601_16_1213b.pdf
For all queries regarding allotment of centres, date of Interview, merit list, joining inst ructions and any other relevant information regarding selection process, Please visit Army website here http://joinindianarmy.nic.in