Indian Air Force Recruitment Rally for Airmen
(Group Y- Non-Technical And Group X-Technical)
Venue: Rangmandir, Tank Bund Road, Bellary, Karnataka
Date: July 20, 2012 – July 27, 2012
A career with Indian Air Force is considered to be of highest gallantry and repute as the guardians of the air boundaries of nation. The opportunities to prove your talents are limited which you wish to be a part of such a brave and rewarding career.
Now, there is an opportunity to be a part of this defense service with the recent announcement for the aspirants from Karnataka for the Airmen selection through recruitment rally. No 7, Airmen Selection Centre, Bangalore, Karnataka, has announced to conduct the recruitment drive for both Group Y – Non-tech cadre as well as Group X – Technical cadre of selection from the eligible aspirants at the Rangamandir ground, Bellary, Karnataka, for the people, who are domicile of Karnataka.
The recruitment rally will be conducted from July 20 – July 27, 2012 from 7 AM onwards. Candidates reporting the selection venue by 10 AM in the morning of concerned dates will only be eligible for consideration for the scheduled selection.
(Details of the schedule of selection of the selection test is available on the website of Air Force at www.indianairforce.nic.in)
The Groups of selection:
There will be two groups of recruitment:
a) Group X (Technical Cadre) – (Mechanical and Electrical branches)
b) Group Y (Non-Technical Cadre) – (Automobile Technician and Air Force Police)
Criteria for Eligibility:
The aspirant must be a citizen of India and must be an unmarried male.
Interested aspirants should have born between July 01, 1991 and September 30, 1995 to be eligible for participation in the rally.
- Educational qualification:
For Group X – The candidates should have passed Intermediate or equivalent examination with English, Physics and Mathematics and should have obtained minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
OR, The candidates should have completed 3 years of Diploma in Engineering with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in the streams of Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Information Technology, Automobile, or, Computer Science.
For Group Y – The candidates should have passed Intermediate or equivalent examination of vocational courses (recognized by Association of Indian Universities), from any branch of Arts, Science or Commerce and should have obtained minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
OR, The candidates should have completed 3 years of Diploma in Engineering with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in any stream of Engineering.
Note: The candidate has to secure anything exact or over 50% of marks. 49.95% cannot be rounded off to 50% in any case.
The candidates appearing for Airmen selection for Karnataka must be a domicile of Karnataka state and must have educated in Karnataka.
For the children of Air Force personnel domicile requirement is not mandatory subject to condition that they must show their proof of domiciles in the state of Karnataka. (Applicable for in-service Personnel as well as children of Ex-Air Force personnel residing in the state for more than one year)
The candidates must have the minimum medical standard (height, weight, chest, eyesight, etc.) to be eligible for selection through this rally. The details of Medical standard requirements can be obtained from the Indian Air Force website at www.indianairforce.nic.in.
The candidates, who have been discharged from Armed Services or from a government sector enrollment on any grounds, are NOT eligible to participate in this rally.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Writing Material: As the tests conducted during selection procedure through recruitment rally are to be conducted through written and verbal mode, the candidates are requested to keep their writing materials ready with them to appear the test. Normally it is expect that each candidate should have his own Pen, HB pencil, eraser, sharpener, etc.
a) Seven copies of recent passport size color photograph with light background taken after April 20, 2012.
b) Two unstamped self-addressed white envelope of 24 by 10 cm size
c) Original and 3 photocopies of educational qualification proof. Original Matriculation certificate is mandatory for entry into rally.
d) Original and photocopies of other relevant certificates
e) Candidates are required to bring in and sign the consent form before Physical Fitness Test. The form can be downloaded or typed neatly on a good quality paper with details at appropriate places.
Pay Scale and Allowances:
- Joint Basic Phase Training at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum in Karnataka: 12 weeks
- Trade training only after completion of basic training for specified period at designated centers
- Initial salary during training phase: Rs.8550/- per month as stipend.
- Initial salary when induced as Airman in Group Y: Approx. Rs.16912 per month.
- Initial salary when induced as Airman in Group X: Approx. Rs.20542 per month.
- Expected salary revision will happen depending upon rank attained in subsequent years
- Other basic allowance and facilities such as medical, leave, pension, insurance, ration housing scheme, uniform, etc. will be as per the rank
Opportunities for promotion:
The candidate joining Air Force as an Airman is also eligible for promotion to the rank of Master Warrant Officer (MWO). However, the candidates will also get chance to be promoted to commissioned posts with competency and credibility by intra-service promotional examinations.
Specific Job profiles:
The candidates selected for Group Y (Non-technical) posts will be inducted in:
- Automobile technician
- Indian Air Force Police
The candidates interested for Group X (Technical) posts will be inducted in Service in the following categories:
- Automobile Fitter
- Electronics Fitter
- Electrical Fitter
- Mechanical System Fitter
- Structure Fitter
- Propulsion Fitter
- Workshop Fitter, and
- Weapon Fitter
The selection for Airmen (Technical) will be done in multiple phases as per the following specifications:
- Written Test:
All candidates have to attend the Written Test
The pattern of questions will base on Physics, Mathematics and English of intermediate standards of CBSE syllabus for Group X.
The pattern of questions will base on English of CBSE AISSCE syllabus and Reasoning and General Awareness (RAGA) for Group Y.
The duration for this test will be 60 minutes
Candidates have to pass in all subjects and on aggregate
The results will be declared on the same day at the ground
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): The PFT will be conducted on the ground and candidates have to qualify the minimum physical fitness standard. The results will be announced on the same day at the venue.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who have cleared the written test and PFT will have to appear Interview in working knowledge of English.
- Trade Allocation Test (TAT): The specific TAT will be conducted at the Basic Training Institute, Air Force, Belgaum and all candidates under Group X will have to appear this test in two strings. (i.e. Electronics and Mechanical)
- Medical Examination: The final phase of selection will be Medical Examination. The test will be done as per the norms for recruitment of Airmen in IAF.
Those candidates, who have been disqualified and want to re-appear Medicals, have to submit a Military Receivable Order (MRO) of Rs.40 favor of 7 Airmen Selection Centre, Bangalore, along with copy of disqualification certificate and a self-addressed envelope with Rs.25 stamp affixed, in 7 Airmen Selection Centre, Bangalore (Karnataka) within 7 days from the date of issue of Medical Disqualifying Certificate.
- The candidates are advised to clean their ear, teeth, hair, nails before applying for the Medical Test.
- The candidates should be prepared to stay for 4-5 days at their own cost for complete selection procedure.
How can you get entry:
- The entry to the grounds of selection is open to all eligible candidates.
- The candidates have to submit their proof of age, education and other necessary credentials along with the Application Form at the rally only.
- No candidates will be allowed into the rally without his Original matriculation Certificate
- No Application form is required to be sent to the Air Force selection centre prior to the date of rally.
Publication of Results:
The all India selection list will be published at the walls of favor of 7 Airmen Selection Centre, No.1 Cubbon Road, Bangalore, Karnataka as well as on the website of IAF on August 17, 2012.
- For any queries you can contact to the Commanding Officer, 7 Airmen Selection Centre, No.1 Cubbon Road, Bangalore, Karnataka at his phone numbers: 080-25592199 or to the email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be aware of the touts, frauds and middlemen!