Indian Air Force Recruitment Rally for Airmen
(Group Y- Non-Technical And Group X-Technical)
Venue: Government Higher Secondary School, Kavaratti (Union Territory of Lakshadweep)
Date: February 26, 2013 – March 02, 2013
A career with Indian Air Force is considered to be of highest gallantry and repute as the guardians of the air boundaries of nation. The opportunities to prove your talents are limited which you wish to be a part of such a brave and rewarding career.
Now, there is an opportunity to be a part of this defense service with the recent announcement for the aspirants from Union Territory of Lakshadweep for the Airmen selection through recruitment rally has announced to conduct the recruitment drive for both Group Y – Non-tech cadre (Except Automobile Technician, Ground Training Instructor, Indian Air Force (Police) and Musician) as well as Group X – Technical cadre of selection from the eligible aspirants at the Government Higher Secondary School, Kavaratti (Union Territory of Lakshadweep).
The recruitment rally will be conducted from February 26, 2013 – March 02, 2013 from 7 AM onwards. Candidates reporting the selection venue by 10 AM in the morning of concerned dates will only be eligible for consideration for the scheduled selection.
Date of written examination and physical test, Interview and Trade Allocation Test) for Group ‘X’ (Technical) Trades: February 26, 2013
Date of written examination and physical test, Interview and Trade Allocation Test) for Group ‘Y’ (Non-Technical) Trades: February 26, 2013
Medical Examination: February 28, 2013
Summary Check: March 01, 2013
Reserve Day: March 02, 2013
Publication of All India Select List (AISL): April 30, 2013 (Will be displayed at 14 Airmen Selection Centre, VII/302-B, Vayu Sena Road, Kakkanad, Kochi (Kerala))
The Groups of selection:
There will be two groups of recruitment:
a) Group X (Technical Cadre)
b) Group Y (Non-Technical Cadre) – (Except Automobile Technician, Ground Training Instructor, Indian Air Force (Police) and Musician)
Criteria for Eligibility:
The aspirant must be a citizen of India and must be an unmarried male.
Interested aspirants should have born between January 01, 1992 and March 31, 1996 to be eligible for participation in the rally.
- Educational qualification:
For Group X – The candidates should have passed Intermediate or equivalent examination with English, Physics and Mathematics and should have obtained minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
OR, The candidates should have completed 3 years of Diploma in Engineering with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in the streams of Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Information Technology, Automobile, or, Computer Science.
For Group Y – The candidates should have passed Intermediate or equivalent examination of vocational courses (recognized by Association of Indian Universities), from any branch of Arts, Science or Commerce and should have obtained minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
OR, The candidates should have completed 3 year Diploma in any stream of Engineering from a Government recognized Polytechnic Institute.
Note: The candidate has to secure anything exact or over 50% of marks. 49.95% cannot be rounded off to 50% in any case.
The candidates must have the minimum medical standard (height, weight, chest, eyesight, etc.) to be eligible for selection through this rally. The details of Medical standard requirements can be obtained from the Indian Air Force website at www.indianairforce.nic.in.
- Writing Material: As the tests conducted during selection procedure through recruitment rally are to be conducted through written and verbal mode, the candidates are requested to keep their writing materials ready with them to appear the test. Normally it is expect that each candidate should have his own Pen, HB pencil, eraser, sharpener, etc.
a) Seven copies of recent passport size color photograph with light background taken after April 20, 2012.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
b) Two unstamped self-addressed white envelope of 24 by 10 cm size
c) Original and 3 photocopies of educational qualification proof. Original Matriculation certificate is mandatory for entry into rally.
d) Original and photocopies of other relevant certificates
e) Candidates are required to bring in and sign the consent form before Physical Fitness Test. The form can be downloaded or typed neatly on a good quality paper with details at appropriate places.
Pay Scale and Allowances:
- Joint Basic Phase Training at Basic Training Institute, Belgaum in Karnataka: 12 weeks
- Trade training only after completion of basic training for specified period at designated centers
- After successful completion of training, the airmen will be deployed on ground based jobs as per their trades.
- Initial salary during training phase: Rs.8550/- per month as stipend.
- Initial salary when induced as Airman in Group Y: Approx. Rs.17630 per month, which, in subsequent years, may rise up to Rs. 33,299/-per month.
- Initial salary when induced as Airman in Group X: Approx. Rs.21414 per month, which, in subsequent years, may rise up to Rs. 37,788/-per month.
- Expected salary revision will happen depending upon rank attained in subsequent years
- Other basic allowance and facilities such as medical, leave, pension, insurance, ration housing scheme, uniform, etc. will be as per the rank
Opportunities for promotion:
Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up-to the age of 57 years.
The candidate joining Air Force as an Airman is also eligible for promotion to the rank of Master Warrant Officer (MWO). However, the candidates will also get chance to be promoted to commissioned posts with competency and credibility by intra-service promotional examinations.
Specific Job profiles:
The candidates selected for Group Y (Non-technical) posts will be inducted in:
- Admin Assistant
- Accounts Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Logistics Assistants
- Environment Support Services Assistant (ESSA)
- Communication Technician
- Meteorological Assistant
- Ops Assistant
The candidates interested for Group X (Technical) posts will be inducted in Service in the following categories:
- Automobile Fitter
- Electronics Fitter
- Electrical Fitter
- Mechanical System Fitter
- Structure Fitter
- Propulsion Fitter
- Workshop Fitter, and
- Weapon Fitter
The selection for Airmen (Technical) will be done in multiple phases as per the following specifications:
1. Verification of Eligibility
2. Written Test:
All candidates have to attend the Written Test
The pattern of questions will base on Physics, Mathematics and English of intermediate standards of CBSE syllabus for Group X.
The pattern of questions will base on English of CBSE AISSCE syllabus and Reasoning and General Awareness (RAGA) for Group Y.
The duration for this test will be 60 minutes for Group X, and 45 minutes for Group Y.
Candidates have to pass in all subjects and on aggregate
The results will be declared on the same day at the ground
3. Physical Fitness Test (PFT): The PFT will be conducted on the ground and candidates have to qualify the minimum physical fitness standard. The results will be announced on the same day at the venue.
4. Personal Interview: The candidates who have cleared the written test and PFT will have to appear Interview in working knowledge of English.
5. Trade Allocation Test (TAT): The specific TAT will be conducted at the Basic Training Institute, Air Force, Belgaum and all candidates under Group X will have to appear this test.
6. Medical Examination: The final phase of selection will be Medical Examination. The test will be done as per the norms for recruitment of Airmen in IAF.
Those candidates, who have been disqualified and want to re-appear Medicals, have to submit a Military Receivable Order (MRO) of Rs.40 favor of 14 Airmen Selection Centre(Kochi), along with copy of disqualification certificate and a self-addressed envelope with Rs.25 stamp affixed, in 14 Airmen Selection Centre(Kochi), within 7 days from the date of issue of Medical Disqualifying Certificate.
- The candidates are advised to clean their ear, teeth, hair, nails before applying for the Medical Test.
- The candidates should be prepared to stay for 4-5 days at their own cost for complete selection procedure.
How can you get entry?
- The entry to the grounds of selection is open to all eligible candidates.
- The candidates have to submit their proof of age, education and other necessary credentials along with the Application Form at the rally only.
- No candidates will be allowed into the rally without his Original matriculation Certificate
- No Application form is required to be sent to the Air Force selection centre prior to the date of rally.
- For any queries you can contact to the Commanding Officer, 14 AIRMEN SELECTION CENTRE, VII/302-B, VAYU SENA ROAD, KAKKANAD, KOCHI
- (KERALA) – 682 030 at his phone numbers: 0484 – 2427010 or to the email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be aware of the touts, frauds and middlemen!