Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), the second largest establishment of the Department of Atomic Energy next to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, was set up at Kalpakkam, 80 KMs south of Chennai, in 1971 with the main objective of conducting broad based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced Engineering, directed towards the development of sodium cooled Fast Breeder Reactor (FBR) technology, in India. This is part of the second stage of Indian Atomic Energy Program, which is aimed at preparing the country for utilization of the extensive Thorium reserves and providing means to meet the large demands of electrical energy in 21st century.
The IGCAR operated a Fast Breeder Test Reactor based on unique mixed Plutonium Uranium Carbide fuel, which is the first of its kind in the world. The IGCAR also has the Kamini Reactor, the only operating Reactor in the World using U233 fuel. Being a part of this organization is a matter of repute for any Indian.
With the recent notification from the IGCAR, there is a notification to induct Stenographer in Grade-III. The details of the eligibility criteria for application are as follows: Advertisement No: 2/2013
- Last date for Receipt of Completed Application: 01-July-2013
- The last date may be considered extended for candidates from remote areas such as Andaman Nicobar Islands
Details of Job Positions: Stenographer Grade-III
Number of vacancies: Total 04 Numbers (SC-02, OBC-01, & UR-01)
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
The applicants selected as Stenographer Grade-III will be eligible for a remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with a Grade pay of Rs.2400 along with other perks and allowances. The starting emoluments will be approximately Rs.18036 per month.
The applicant must have a completed matriculation or equivalent with a Typing speed of 30 words per minute in English. He/ She should have shorthand speed of 80 WPM and must have sound knowledge of Computer Data Processing, Data Entry and Computer Application
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
The applicants must not have crossed 27 years and must be above 18 years as on 1-July-2013 (the last date of receipt of application). There will be consideration for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates as per rules.
The candidates will be selected through a Written Examination, Skill Test (Typing/ Shorthand) and through a Personal Interview.
The final selection will be based on the performance in the Interview and the marks obtained in the Written Examination with Skill Test on Merit ranking basis.
How To Apply:
- The candidates who are eligible as per the criteria set with this advertisement can apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the web portal of IGCAR at www.igcar.gov.in/recruitment/Advt_SG2013.pdf
- The candidates need to ensure that they have all competencies as detailed in the eligible criteria as on the advertisement.
- The candidates need to attach all Certificates as evidence of Age, Caste and experience with the application form and send that to the address mentioned below on or before the scheduled date.
- The envelope containing application form must be super-scribed as “Application for the Post of …………………………………. Post code…………………………….”
- The address to send completed application:
The Administrative Officer – III (R & SR)
Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research.
Department of Atomic Energy
Kalpakkam – 603102