Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd, is a mega integrated Oil refining and marketing company having 267th position in the prestigious list of Fortune Global 500 Companies during 2011-12. HPCL accounts for over 40% of total Lube Base Oil production in India. This company has bagged many prestigious awards like “Forecourt Retailer of the Year” and “Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award” as well as the “CIO 100” Award by IDG, for the sixth consecutive year for innovation use of IT to deliver value. A career option with HPCL is truly magnanimous.
HPCL invites adequately qualified and aspiring candidates to join its team of world-class professionals in continuation with its dedicated endeavor for excellence in Service and deliverance. The profiles will be Graduate Engineers in various specialties and will be selected through GATE-2014.
The details of the vacancies and the requisite criteria for selection are detailed as below:
Posts to be Filled Up: Graduate Engineers ONLY through GATE-2014
- Opening Date of Online Registration of GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Closing Date for Online Registration of GATE-2014: 03-Oct-2013
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of Online GATE Application at respective GATE Offices: 10-Oct-2013
- Opening Date of Online Registration at HPCL: 18-Dec-2013 from 1200 Hours
- Last Date for Online Registration at HPCL: 12-Feb-2014 till 2400 Hours
- Last date for acceptance of application fee: 17-Feb-2014 till 1700 hours
- GATE-2014 Online Examination: Between 01st February 2014 and 02nd March 2014
Disciplines of Vacancies:
- Mechanical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: ME) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Mechanical, Mechanical & Production Engineering)
- Civil Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: CE) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Civil Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: EE) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Electrical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- Electronics and Telecomm Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: EC) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: IN) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (corresponding GATE-2014 Paper: CH) (only for the candidates who have completed fulltime Degree in Chemical, Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical, Petroleum Refining Engineering)
- Reservation is provided as per the rules of HPCL for SC, ST, OBC-NCL and PWD candidates
Note: Candidates having any other degree/combination degree eg. Production Engg, Automobile Engg, Mechatronics, Industrial Engg, Power Engg, Construction Engg. etc., other than mentioned above are not eligible to apply.
Mode of Application: Online only
Number of vacancies: Will be notified separately
Where can you fill the Online Application:
Vital Eligibility Condition (GATE-2014):
- The candidates eligible otherwise will have to appear for the concerned GATE-2014 papers.
- The GATE-2014 score will be the only valid criteria for short-listing of candidates for personal Interview and GD rounds.
- The candidates must have completed Full Time course and mush have been awarded a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in the above mentioned disciplines with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. This is 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2014.
- PWD candidates will be considered for selection against the identified posts.
- The candidates selected for these posts will be placed in a consolidated stipend of Rs.33000 during their initial Training Period. After successful completion of Training Period these candidates will be absorbed at the entry level in the Management Cadre in ‘A’ grade in the Salary Scale of Rs.24900 – Rs.50500, subject to fulfilling the required performance related/ other criterion, and will be on Probation for a further period of 6 months.
- CTC upon Confirmation for the Position: Rs.9.4 lakhs per annum
Max Age Limit:
- A candidate should not exceed max age of 25 Years as on 30-June-2014 to be eligible to apply. However, relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD categories.
- An amount of Rs.5000 per month will be deducted as retention amount from the total emoluments for first 6 months during the period of training. The amount will be refunded to the officers only after their confirmation in salary Grade ‘A’.
- The selection process will include short-listing of candidates on the basis of marks obtained (out of 100) by the eligible candidates in the concerned papers of GATE 2014, followed by Group Discussion/Group Task and /or Personal Interview.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
- Candidates obtaining a valid GATE-2014 score shall only be eligible for the next stage of selection.
- GATE-2013 scores will not be considered as the criteria for selection of candidature.
Physical / Medical Fitness
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with Hindustan Petroleum need to be medically fit as per Hindustan Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standard. It may please be noted that Defective Color vision is a disqualification under Pre-Employment Medical norms of HPCL.
- The candidates selected for the job positions will have to complete a training of six months from their date of Joining.
- After successful completion of Training these candidates will be posted with a Permanent scale of Pay under probation for another period of six months at HPCL
- After successful completion of Training and Probation these candidates will be confirmed for selection at Management Cadre Grade-A with the Company.
Application Processing Fees:
- For General and OBC-NCL candidates: Rs.200 + Rs.35 (Bank charges)
- For SC/ ST/ PWD: Fees exempted
- The candidates can remit these fees through Online Mode/ NEFT or through Cash challan at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) in HPCL Powerjyoti A/C Number 32315049001 across the country.
How to Apply:
- Interested eligible candidates should apply ONLINE only through the website of HPCL at www.hpclcareers.com or through www.hindustanpetroleum.com.
- Any other mode of submission of application would not be accepted.
- The candidates should have their GATE-2014 registration information in hand before applying for these posts
- The application Form should be completed in all respect.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE-2014 Admit card and Original GATE-2014 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in HPCL
- Candidates are “NOT” required to submit hard copy of application form to HPCL.
- The details filled in the online application form will be considered final and no changes will be entertained with respect to personal/ any other details, later on.
One must refer to official advertisement here.