HPCL Recruitment for Graduate Engineers Through GATE -2013
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. is a mega integrated Oil refining and marketing company with Gross Sales of Rs.188,131 Crores and 267th position in the prestigious list of Fortune Global 500 Companies during 2011-12. HPCL accounts for about 10% of the nation’s refining capacity and also operates the largest Lube Refinery in India producing Lube Base Oils of international standards.
HPCL with its performance oriented culture and well-rounded peoples’ policies have won several prestigious “Golden Peacock HR Excellence Award” for the year 2011.
HPCL invites bright and dynamic Engineering Graduates, in specified disciplines aspiring to join its team of world class professionals for making career in its marketing division. Interested candidates are required to appear for GATE 2013, for their respective discipline.
The details of the vacancies and the procedures for application are detailed as under:
- Commencement of online application for GATE-2013 – 1st of September 2012
- Last date of online application for GATE-2013 – 30th of September 2012
- Starting date for Online Registration at HPCL: 24th of December 2012
- Last date for submission of Application Form Online at HPCL: 14th of February 2013
Mode of Application: Online only
Where can you fill the Online Application:
Website of HPCL at www.hindustanpetroleum.com
Application Fee (non-refundable):
- For UR and OBC (Non-Creamy layer): Rs.200
- For all others: NIL
- The details of payment of fees will be intimated in due course
Name of the Post: Graduate Officer Trainees
Number of Vacancies: 250 (SC-38, ST-19, OBC (NC)-68 and 3% for PWDs)
Prescribed Disciplines for Induction: (full time degrees in Engineering)
- Mechanical – Mechanical, Mechanical & Production
- Civil – Civil
- Electrical – Electrical, Electrical & Electronics
- Electronics & Telecommunication – Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecommunication
- Instrumentation – Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Control, Electronics & Instrumentation, Instrumentation & Electronics.
Details of Academic Requirements:
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in the mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only)
- Candidates (belonging to General and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD)
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August 2013. They must have the qualifications as required.
Maximum 25 years as on 30th of June 2013. However for reserved category the relaxation in age is permissible as per norms.
Desirous candidates seeking employment with Hindustan Petroleum needs to be medically fit as per Hindustan Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standard
Selection, Training and Placement:
The selection methodology will comprise of the following:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2013 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers are required to appear in GATE-2013.
- On the basis of GATE-2013 score/marks, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of Group Discussion/Group Task and or Personal Interview.
- Please note that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
Training/ Probation Period:
- The candidates selected for the posts will have to undergo a training for 6months with HPCL.
- The candidates completing training Period will be absorbed in Grade-A and will be under probation for 6 months
- During the training period, Officer Trainees will be entitled for a consolidated Stipend of Rs.33000 per month.
- Upon successful completion of training, during probation period the candidates will be offered a Salary Scale of Rs.24900 – Rs.50500
- Upon confirmation, the CTC would be approximately Rs.8.50 lakhs per annum. In addition to this, Performance Related Pay (PRP) is also paid as per the Corporation’s policy
An amount of Rs.5000 per month will be deducted as retention amount from the total emoluments for first six months during the period of training or probation (as the case may be)
How to Apply:
- GATE-2013 Online Examination is scheduled on 20th of Jan 2013. GATE-2013 Offline Examination is scheduled on 10th of Feb 2013. For detailed information of GATE-2013, interested candidates may log on to http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in
- Candidates need to submit the GATE application form as instructed by the GATE authorities and wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number
- On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to Hindustan Petroleum on-line through the relevant link at www.hindustanpetroleum.com.
- The application Form should be completed in all respect
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to HPCL Recruitment 2013 For Graduate Engineers Through GATE 2013
- DVC Recruitment 2012: Graduate Engineers Trainees (GET) And Management Trainees Through GATE Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) Recruitment 2012: Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) Invites Applications for Graduate Engineers Trainees (GET) & Management Trainees From GATE 2012 Scorers...
- Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering (GATE) – Your Gateway For A Promising Future As one of the most sought after entrance examinations in India being managed and conducted by the premier institutions like...
- GATE 2013 Result – March 15, 2013 GATE 2013 results will be announced on March 15, 2013 at 10:00 hrs and will be available on the GATE Online Applicant...
- HPCL Recruitment 2012: Officer Trainee Vacancy Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL), invites application for the post of Officer Trainee- Engineering Disciplines, Officer Trainee- Engineering Disciplines (Backlog...
- HPCL Recruitment 2012 For Clearing and Forwarding Agent Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) invites application from eligible candidates for the post of Clearing & Forwarding Agent (CFA). Name of...