As an important department under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Posts is considered as lifeline of Indian Communication since a long past. Although there has been significant changes in the methods of communication in the age of emails and Mobile Telephony, this Department has not loosen its charm of being one of the most trusted and reputed partner facilitating communications in India. The Postal Jobs in India are still considered as an admirable opportunity for all aspirants searching for a government job position. With the versatile diversification into Postal Life Insurance, Speed Post, and various savings schemes of the government India Post is still one of the most reliable communication methods as trusted by millions.
With the recent announcement, the CPMG, Himachal Pradesh is inviting competent applications for filling up the posts of Postman/ Mailguard in various Postal divisions/ RMS offices under Himachal Pradesh Postal Circle.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria for eligibility are as under: Notification No: R&E/77-17/2013
Name of the Vacancy: Postman / Mailguard (in RMS)
Number of Positions (District wise): Total 25 Positions
- Chamba – 04 Positions (UR)
- Dharamsala – 06 positions (UR-5, PH-01)
- Hamirpur – 02 Positions (UR-1, ST-1)
- Mandi – 02 Positions (UR-1, SC-1)
- Rampur – 03 Positions (UR-1, SC-1, OBC-1)
- Shimla – 05 Positions (UR-2, ST-1, OBC-2)
- Solan – 02 Positions (UR)
- RMS HP Division, Mandi – 01 Position (UR)
Most important Dates:
- Last Date of submission of completed Application Form: 08-July-2013
- Last Date of submission of completed Application Form from Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi sub-division of Chamba District: 15-July-2013
- Date of Aptitude Test: 18-Aug-2013
Mode of Recruitment:
At present the posts will be filled directly on the basis of performance in the Aptitude Test.
The candidates selected for the job positions will receive remunerations in the scale of PB-I (Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a grade Pay of Rs.2000) along with other perks and remunerations.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
The candidates should be in the age group of 18-27 years (by last date for receipt of application form) to be eligible to apply. However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST and PWD candidates as per rules.
The candidates selected for the job positions will serve Himachal Post for a minimum period of 2 years on Probation.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
The candidates applying for the job position must have completed the minimum standard of Matriculation to be eligible to apply
The candidates have to deposit Rs.100 in Unclassified Receipts in any Post Office and submit Original receipt along with application.
How to Apply:
- An interested candidate fulfilling all eligibility requirements can apply through the prescribed application form as available at the website of India Post at http://www.indiapost.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to fill in authentic details carefully during the Online submission of applications
- The applications can be submitted only through Registered Post, Speed Post so as to reach the Concerned Address (as mentioned in the detailed advertisement) by the defined last date 08-July-2013.
- The candidates should enclose an envelope with Rs.40 postal stamp affixed on it along with the Application Form, Fee Deposit receipts and copies of certificates.
- Incomplete and late receipt of Application form will not be taken into consideration.
- Address to send the completed applications can be found at http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Pdf/Recruitment/RE-77-17-2013HPCO_06062013.pdf