The Food Corporation of India (FCI) was setup under the special parliamentary Act in the year 1964, in order to fulfill objectives of the Food Policy set up for offering effective price support for safeguarding the interests of the farmers. Working seamlessly for provisioning Distribution of food-grains throughout the country with public distribution system, and Maintaining satisfactory level of operational as well as buffer stocks of food-grains to ensure National Food Security, the FCI is one of the most vital organizations under the Union Government. FCI is at present undergoing significant reforms to revitalize its potential and offer a coherent support to the National Food Policy. In line with this initiative, FCI is offering dynamic challenges to educated and ambitious youths to carve a career milestone with FCI.
With the recent initiative from the FCI, a combined recruitment notification has been published to induct Management Trainee in General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering categories with FCI. The recruitment will be conducted through a merit basis selection modality.
The details of the application criteria and the minimum eligibility conditions are detailed as under: Advertisement No: Advt. No.1/2013-FCI Management Trainee (MT)
Cadre of Recruitment: Management Trainee
Place of postings: In the General/ Depot/ Movement/ Accounts/ Technical/ Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering segments across all establishments of FCI spread across the country.
- Starting date for Online/Offline Submission of Application: 02-July-2013
- Last date for Online/ Offline Submission of Application: 31-July-2013
- Last date for Online/ Offline Submission of Application from far-flung areas: 07-August-2013
- Starting date for generation of Bank Draft as application fee: 02-July-2013
- Last date for generation of Bank Draft as application fee: 29-July-2013 till 1800 hrs
- Date for reckoning Age, Education and Qualification: 01-August-2013
- Date of Selection Examination: Will be notified later
Numbers of Vacancies Zone-wise:
- North Zone: 158 positions (UR-103, OBC-47, SC-5, ST-3)
- South Zone: 197 positions (UR-108, OBC-59, SC-17, ST-13)
- East Zone: 12 positions (UR-7, OBC-3, SC-1, ST-1)
- West Zone: 47 positions (UR-25, OBC-10, SC-8, ST-4)
- North-East Zone: 46 positions (UR-24, OBC-13, SC-5, ST-4)
- There will be reservation of some positions for Persons with disabilities as per rules.
- For details about post codes and exact stream of vacancy, candidates are advised to look to the detailed advertisement at http://www.fcijobsportal.com/pages/fci-advt.pdf
Pay Provisions and Remunerations:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- The candidates successfully selected as Management Trainee positions will be entitled to receive a consolidated remuneration in the order of Rs.8500 per month
- After successful completion of Training Period they may be inducted as Managers in the pay scale of Rs.16400 – Rs.40500 along with other permissible allowances as per IDA pattern as per the FCI service code.
Vital Academic Requirements:
The academic requirements for various positions are varied as per the nature of the job. They are:
- Management Trainee (General/ Depot/ Movement): A Bachelor’s Degree holder in any discipline with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks OR, additional qualification of CA/ ICWA/ CS
- Management Trainee (Accounts): The applicant must have associate membership of ICAI (Institute of Chartered/ Cost Accountants of India) or ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) OR, Must be a BCom Degree holder with Full-time Post Graduate Degree/ Diploma/ MBA in Finance specialization
- Management Trainee (Technical): The applicant must have B.Sc. (Agriculture) / B.Tech / BE in Food Science / Food Science and Technology / Agricultural Engineering / Bio-Technology
- Management Trainee (Civil): The applicant must have Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- Management Trainee (Mechanical Engineering): The applicant must have Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Management Trainee (Electrical Engineering): The applicant must have Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
An applicant must not have crossed the maximum age of 28 years as on 01-August-2013 to be eligible for consideration for these posts. However there will be relaxation in upper age limit applicable for SC, ST and PWD candidates as per rules.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Written Test (WT), Group Discussion (GD) and an Interview as per the discretion of the FCI
- The weightage assigned for Written Test, Group Discussion, Interview and Training are 70%, 10%, 10% and 10% respectively
Application Fees: Generate Bank Challan
- For General and OBC candidates applying for Management Trainee (General/ Depot/ Movement): Rs.500
- For General and OBC candidates applying for Management Trainee (Accounts or Technical or Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering): Rs.500
- For candidates applying for first category and any one from the second category as stated above will have to remit a fee of Rs.1000 in a single Demand Draft
- For SC/ Women/ ST/ PWD candidates: Exempted from paying any such fees
- The fees can be paid in shape of cash deposit challan in any branch of SBI or through a Demand Draft as per the preference of the candidates
- Demand Draft should be made in favor of “Food Corporation Of India Recruitment Account” and should be payable at New Delhi
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility criteria can apply ONLINE through the website of FCI at http://www.fcijobsportal.com
- The candidates interested to apply through offline mode can download the application from the above portal (http://fciweb.nic.in//upload/Personnel/fci-offline-app.pdf) and send that along with necessary application fees and other essential documents
- The hard copy of the Online Application or the Copy of the Offline Application should reach the address mentioned below so as to reach before the last date for receipt of application (i.e. 31-July-2013)
- The applications should be forwarded by Ordinary Post only. No other mode of Application will be accepted.
- The envelope containing the application (hard copy/ Offline application) must be sealed properly with all essential documents and demand draft or fee deposit challan and must be super-scribed with “Name of the Zone, Post & Post Code applied for, category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD/WOMEN/UR)”
- One envelope should carry only one Application
- Address to send completed application form:
Post Box No. 35, Sector-19, Noida-201301