COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH (CSIR), A Human Resource Development Group Examination Unit, Notifies Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) And Eligibility for Lectureship.
The CSIR and UGC jointly hold the CSIR-UGC Test on June 22, 2014 for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
(1) Date of Single MCQ Examination: June 22, 2014
(2) Schedule for sale of Information Bulletin through Bank
- Start of sale of Information Bulletin:
- Date of close of sale of Information Bulletin by post only:
- Date of close of sale of Information Bulletin by cash at all branches/ stations:
(3) Schedule for On-Line Application
- Starting Date for availability of online application: February 10, 2014
- Closing Date for availability of online application: March 04, 2014
(4) Receipt of completed Application Forms
- Final Date for receipt of Hard copy/ Printout of completed (both kind) application form: March 08, 2014
- Final Date for receipt of Hard copy/ Printout of completed (both kind) application form from far flung areas: March 14, 2014
Age Limit & Relaxation:
- For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on January 01, 2014 (upper age limit may be relaxed as per norms)
- For Lectureship (NET): No upper age limit
- 4 years education program in BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBBS/ Integrated BS-MS/ M.Sc or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks for General & OBC (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD)
- Candidate enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination are also eligible to apply under the Result Awaited (RA) category (On the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period to avail the fellowship)
- B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for General and OBC (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD)
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered/ enrolled for Ph.D/ integrated Ph.D program within the validity period
- Ph.D degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required
Application/ Examination Fees: HOW TO APPLY
The application fees will be collected from the candidates during manual procurement of application forms at designated counters of Banks as described on the website at http://www.csirhrdg.res.in
- for General Category: Rs. 400
- for OBC Category: Rs. 200
- for SC/ ST/ PH/ VH Category: Rs. 100
The information Bulletin and Application form may also be obtained through Value Payable Post (V.P.P.) from the Indian Bank, 3/1, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi – 110 008, by sending a crossed Demand draft for Rs. 400/-, Rs. 200/- or Rs.100/-(as the case may be) drawn in favour of “Indian Bank, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi. For this purpose, the candidate should send a request to the Bank with TWO self-addressed slips clearly mentioning the address at which he/she desires the Information Bulletin & Application Form to be sent by Value Payable Post (V.P.P.)
The candidate should write his/her name, Date of Birth, address, date of Examination (22.06.2014) and subject code on the back of the Demand Draft. However, before attaching the draft with letter of request, the candidates should check that it bears the code number of the issuing bank and drawee bank and also amount and signatures of issuing authority.
THROUGH ONLINE APPLICATION:
Interested & eligible candidates may apply for this test Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee (as mentioned above) in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country.
Candidates after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach requisite certificates and send alongwith CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope.
Where To Send The Completed Application Form:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
The application form duly completed with requisite enclosures and fixing requisite postage stamp on the mailing envelope should be sent to:
The Sr. Controller of Examination
Examination Unit, Human Resource Development Group
CSIR Complex, (Opposite Institute of Hotel Management)
Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi 110012
The application should only be send Under Certificate of Posting (U.P.C.)/ ordinary post so as to reach this Unit on or before March 08, 2014 (March 14, 2014 for remote areas as declared in the bulletin)
Enclosures Required With The Application Form:
- One passport size recent (not later than 6 months old) black and white photograph (pasted on the application form and signed across by the candidate)
- If applicable, an attested copy of caste and physical disability certificate in the prescribed form
(To avoid dislocation, place the application form and the above enclosure(s) if any, safely in the envelope provided with the bulletin. Use paper clips only. Please do not use stapler pins or thread string to tie the documents)
Admission Certificate: CSIR UGC NET June 2014
The Admission Certificates for the Test indicating the time schedule and venue of Test will be issued to all the candidates about 3 weeks before the date of Test. The applicants may expect an alphabetic list of the candidates registered for June, 2014 (NET) by 23rd of May 2014.
However, if any registered candidate does not receive the same latest by 16th June, 2014, the candidate must download the duplicate Admission Certificate from above said CSIR, HRDG website immediately.
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form
- Application form received after closing date will not be entertained
- Candidates must note that the verification of essential eligibility conditions with reference to the documents as may be called for, will be taken up only by the Lecturer appointing/ JRF awarding authorities after the candidate has qualified in the Test. Accordingly, till then your candidature will remain provisional
- In all matters the decision of the CSIR shall be final for admission to the test or subsequent qualifying in the test
- All disputes pertaining to the NET Examination shall fall within the jurisdiction of Delhi only
- Candidates are advised to follow the exact notification from CSIR at their website at http://www.csirhrdg.res.in to cross verify the authenticity of this information.
Some Crucial Points to Know: CSIR UGC NET
A) A candidate may apply either for ‘JRF + Lectureship’ or for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’ He/she may indicate his/her preference in the O.M.R Application Form/Online Application, as the case may be. CSIR may consider candidates applying for ‘JRF + LS’ or ‘Lectureship only” depending on number of fellowships available & performance in the test subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion . If a candidate is found to be over-age for JRF (NET) he/she will automatically be considered for Lectureship (NET) only.
B) Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF – NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET), will be made on the basis of their performance in the above Test. Candidates qualifying for JRF (NET), will also be eligible for Lectureship (NET) subject to fulfilling the eligible criteria laid down by UGC. The candidates qualifying for Lectureship will be eligible for recruitment as Lecturers as well as for JRF-ship in a Scheme/Project, if otherwise suitable. However, they will not be eligible for Regular JRFNET Fellowship. They will be eligible to pursue Ph.D. programme with or without any fellowship other than JRF-NET. Candidates qualifying for the award of JRF (NET) will receive fellowship either from CSIR or UGC as per their assignment or from the Schemes with which they may find association. The candidates declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under UGC scheme will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
C) The final result of this Single MCQ test may be declared sometime in the month of _____, 2012 and fellowship to successful candidates could be awarded from ______.
Practice Makes a Man Perfect… Truly said… CSIR UGC NET Previous Question Papers and Answer Keys
What are you waiting for, start preparing for upcoming CSIR UGC NET June 2014 from right here. You can simple refer to previous years questions and answer keys to test your skill.
Best of Luck!