Cochin Shipyard was incorporated in the year 1972 as a fully owned Government of India company. In the last three decades the company has emerged as a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Ship Repair industry. This yard can build and repair the largest vessels in India. Conferred with a Miniratna status, this Govt of India Company bears ample significance with its excellence in Ship manufacturing and production. The Shipyard also trains various technician every year.
With the present requirement for competent professional in its team the Cochin Shipyard Limited is inviting candidature through the prescribed application format as available at the website of Cochin Shipyard for the posts of Ship Draftsman Trainee from various technical Disciplines.
The details of the eligibility norms and the criteria for selection are detailed as under:
- Starting date for registration of Online Application Form: 08-Aug-2013
- Last date for registration of Online Application Form: 20-Aug-2013
- Last date for registration of Hardcopy of Online Application Form along with fees (DD) and other certificates: 27-Aug-2013
Name of the Positions and Number of Vacancies:
- Ship Draftsman Trainee (Mechanical): 13 Posts (UR-08, SC-01, ST-01, OBC-03)
- Ship Draftsman Trainee (Electrical): 13 Posts (UR-07, SC-02, ST-01, OBC-03)
- Ship Draftsman Trainee (Instrumentation): 02 Posts (UR)
- Ship Draftsman Trainee (Electronics): 02 Posts (UR)
NOTE: 1% of the total vacancies are reserved for PWD candidates as per rules
- The candidates inducted as trainees will receive a consolidated stipend of Rs.6750 during first year of training and Rs.7150 during second year of training.
- Overtime will be applicable per hour basis till a ceiling of Rs.4200 per month
- No other allowances will be applicable for these positions
- The candidate applying for these posts should have completed their intermediate education (10+2) and should have obtained A full-time 3 years Diploma in Engineering in the respective branches of studies with minimum 60% marks.
- Candidates completing Draftsmanship can also apply for these positions
- The candidates should have knowledge of CAD or equivalent Computer Aided Applications
Age Requirement (As on 31-Aug-2013):
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- The candidates should not have exceeded 25 years as on the designated date to be eligible for consideration.
Note: Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per the category of candidates as per rules.
- The training will be initially for a period of 2 years from the date of joining. After successful completion of training period with satisfactory performance, these candidates may be considered for permanent employment in Cochin Shipyard.
- A fee of Rs.100 will be applicable for each position.
- SC, ST and PWD candidates are exempted from payment of fees
- The candidates will have to pay this fee in shape of a Crossed Demand Draft on any nationalized bank in favour of “COCHIN SHIPYARD LIMITED” and payable at Kochi.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection for the posts will be on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the Written Test/ Trade Test and Personal Interview to be held at Kochi.
- The candidates have to undergo a pre-employment Medical Examination prior to their appointment
How to apply:
- The candidates can apply ONLINE as available at the website of Cochin Shipyard Limited at http://www.cochinshipyard.com/careers/D’man.pdf
- No other mode of application will be accepted
- Candidates should read all instructions given on the advertisement before applying.
- Candidates are advised to keep a copy of the application and the fee payment Demand Draft for future reference
- The hard copy of the Online Application with unique registration Number and other essential documents along with fee payment DD must be enclosed in an envelope super-scribed as “Application for Ship Draftsman Trainee …………… (Engineering Discipline) & Registration No………………”
- The address to send completed application form:
The General Manager (HR)
Cochin Shipyard Limited