BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) BSNL is numero uno of India in all services in its license area. In fact BSNL is the only service provider, making focused efforts & planned initiatives to bring together the rural-urban digital divide in ICT sector. There is no telecom operator in the country to beat its reach with its wide network giving services in every nook & corner of the country & operates across India. In basic services, BSNL is miles ahead of its rivals, with 24.58 million wire-line phone subscribers accounting to 71.93% share of the wire-line subscriber base. The company has vast experience in planning, installation, network integration & maintenance of switching & transmission networks & also has a world class ISO 9000 certified Telecom Training Institute.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource for the Tamil Nadu Telecomm Circle, BSNL intends to recruit 27 numbers of Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) for its various Secondary Switching Areas (SSAs).
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Advt No: RET/301-10/2012
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSNL at http://tamilnadu.bsnl.co.in/Final%20draft%20TTA_DR_%20ADVT_17042012.pdf
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 13-May-2013 by 5:00 PM
- Last date for fee Payment: 13-May-2013
- Dates for Online Examination: 30-June-2013
Name of the Post: Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) in Group-C cadre
Details of the Vacancies (SSA wise): Total 27 Positions
- Coonoor – 02 posts (UR)
- Coimbatore – 02 Posts (UR-1, OBC-1)
- Cuddalore – 2 posts (UR-1, SC-1)
- Dharmapuri – 1 post (UR)
- Erode – 1 post (SC)
- Karaikudi – 1 post (UR)
- Kumbakonam – 1 post (UR)
- Madurai – 1 post (UR)
- Nagercoil – 1 post (UR)
- Pondicherry – 2 posts (UR-1, SC-1)
- Salem – 2 posts (UR)
- Thanjavur – 2 posts (UR-1, OBC-1)
- Tirunelveli – 1 post (UR)
- Trichy – 2 posts (UR)
- Tuticorin – 2 posts (UR-1, OBC-1)
- Vellore – 2 posts (UR-1, OBC-1)
- Virudhunagar – 2 posts (UR)
Scale of Pay:
- The selected candidates will be eligible to receive Rs.13600-25420 in IDA Pattern along with normal allowances as per rules.
- The applicants selected as TTA will required to serve BSNL in their respective SSA, where they will apply. The jobs are transferable on temporary and permanent basis to other parts of the country and defence service as per requirements.
- Academic Qualification:
The applicants must have completed a Three Years Engineering Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Radio Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Instrumentation/ Instrument Technology/ Information Technology, OR M.Sc (Electronics). Apart from this no other qualification will be accepted as qualification.
- Age: The age of an applicant must be between 18 to 27 year of age as on last date of submission of application. However, there will be relaxation for SC, OBC candidates as per rules.
- Registration in Employment Exchange: The applicants having Employment Exchange registration number from the concerned SSA will be preferred, but it is not mandatory.
- The total probation period will be for two years from the date of joining.
Service Bond and Training:
- The total candidates selected for joining will have to sign a Bond with BSNL to serve the BSNL for a minimum period of 2 years. The selected candidates will be subjected to training and after successful completion of training, they will be appointed as TTA in the concerned SSA
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination and Interview
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- For SC/ PWD: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- The fee can be paid in the shape of Crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft drawn in the favour of Account Officer (Cash) O/o GM BSNL of the SSA concerned and should be payable at the BSNL Headquartered city (for details please refer to http://tamilnadu.bsnl.co.in for exact addresses)
- Fee remitted in other formats such as Money Order or Cheque will be rejected
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSNL, Tamil Nadu Circle at http://tamilnadu.bsnl.co.in
- After applying, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order (fees) and send that through registered post/ speed post to the address mentioned at the complete advertisement on or before 13-May-2013
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF TELECOM TECHNICAL ASSISTANT UNDER DIRECT RECRUITMENT -2012”
- The candidates should apply form any one SSA only.