Guarding the borders of this vast nation, BSF (Border Security Force) has been recognized as the most acclaimed combat force with bravery and honor. This force is one of the most prestigious para-military forces of India, which offers tremendous opportunity for people for career in this most prestigious organization. A life with BSF is full of adventure, achievement and bravery. Being central government profile, jobs in BSF is considered as the most preferred job profiles among the masses of job seekers.
BSF also has a Water wing securing some of the most turbulent maritime boundaries with our neighboring nation. With its recent announcement for acquiring potential human resource for Water Wing of BSF, it intends to recruit Sub-Inspectors, Head Constables and Constables in Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ cadre.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSF at http://www.bsf.nic.in
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News
- Last date for submission of Completed Applications from far-flung areas: 45 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News
Details of the Vacancies: Total 249 Positions
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Sub-Inspector (Master)– Group B: 13 positions (UR-09, OBC-03 & SC-01)
- Sub-Inspector (Engine Driver)– Group B: 13 positions (UR-08, OBC-03, SC-01 & ST-01)
- Head Constable (Master)– Group C: 64 positions (UR-29, OBC-19, SC-09 & ST-07)
- Head Constable (Engine Driver)– Group C: 64 positions (UR-25, OBC-25, SC-07 & ST-07)
- Head Constable (Workshop) – Group C: 15 positions
- Mechanic (Diesel & Petrol): 03 posts (UR-2, SC-1)
- Carpenter: 05 posts (UR-4, SC-1)
- Machinist: 01 post (SC)
- AC Technician: 04 posts (UR-3, OBC-1)
- Electrician: 01 post (UR)
- Upholster: 01 post (UR)
- Constable (Crew) – Group C: 80 positions (UR-35, OBC-24, SC-09 & ST-12)
- NOTE: Out of these total positions 10% vacancies will be reserved for Ex-Servicemen candidates
Scale of Pay:
- Sub-Inspector: The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.9300–Rs.34800 with Grade Pay Rs.4200 in PB-II
- Head Constable: The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200–Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2400 PB-I
- Constable: The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200–Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2000 PB-I
- Other allowances and perks will be as per rules
- Academic Qualification:
- Sub-Inspector (Master): The applicant should have completed 10+2 with a Second Class Master’s Certificate issued by State/ Central Inland Water Transport Authority or Mercantile Marine Department
- Sub-Inspector (Engine Driver): The applicant should have completed 10+2 with a First Class Engine Driver’s Certificate issued by State/ Central Inland Water Transport Authority or Mercantile Marine Department
- Head Constable (Master) – The applicants must have completed Matriculation along with Sarang certificate
- Head Constable (Engine Driver) – The applicants must have completed Matriculation along with IInd Class Engine Driver certificate
- Head Constable (Workshop) – The applicants must have completed Matriculation along with ITI in concerned Trades
- Constable (Crew) – The applicants must have completed Matriculation along with 1 year experience in operating a boat (less than 265 HP capacity) as a Sukhani/ Greaser. The candidates must know swimming and must possess a certificate to this effect
- Sub-Inspector: The age of an applicant must be between 22 to 28 years as on 01-Aug-2013
- Head Constable & Constable: The age of an applicant must be between 20 to 25 years as on 01-Aug-2013
However, there will be relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, & Ex-SM candidates as per rules.
- Physical Standard:
- Height – 165 cm (may be relaxed for certain candidates as per the exact notification of BSF for Constable candidates)
- Weight – proportionate to height
- Chest – Unexpanded 75 cm and expanded 80 cm
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination followed by Documentation and Physical Measurement Test, Physical Efficiency test (as required), Trade Test and Interview.
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- For SC/ST/BSF and Ex-SM: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.50 (Rupees Fifty only)
- The fee can be paid in the shape of Crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft drawn in the favor of the concerned officer as mentioned in the original recruitment advertisement at http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r55.pdf
- No other mode of payment will be accepted
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSF at http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r55.pdf
- After filling up the form, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order (fees) and send that to the address mentioned at the complete advertisement on or before 30 days of completion of this advertisement
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SI (Master)/ SI (Engine Driver)/ HC (Master)/ HC (Engine Driver)/ HC (Workshop)/ Constable (Crew) IN BSF Water Wing” in bold and capital letter.
- The candidates need to attach 2 numbers of self-addressed envelope affixing Rs.39 postal stamp each on it
- The decision of BSF will be final and binding on the candidates.