BPCL Recruitment 2014 for Management Trainee On The Basis of GATE 2014 Score
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a Fortune 500, leading Navratna Public Sector Company in the exciting and dynamic energy sector, engaged in Refining, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum products and also in exploration of Oil / Gas, with an annual turnover of over Rs.250,649 crores for the year 2012-13. As one of India’s largest corporations, BPCL provides ample of opportunity with a lifetime of personal and professional development.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering as management Trainee (Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering) in its core sector of operation. Both these category of posts will be recruited to Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. through GATE-2014 Score, the registration for which is continuing at present.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Management Trainee
Number of Vacancies: The exact numbers of vacancies will be notified in due course
- Starting date for online registration of application for GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 01-Oct-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 03-Oct-2013
- Starting date for online registration of application at BPCL: 20-Dec-2013
- Last Date of Online Registration of Application by BPCL: 31-Jan-2013
Disciplines For Management Trainee:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Chemical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – CH)
- Mechanical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – ME)
Important GATE-2014 Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2014 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions.
- Without GATE-2014 valid score card, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Marks obtained in GATE-2013 or any other previous GATE examination WILL NOT BE considered valid for this recruitment
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology with 60% for General and OBC (non-creamy layer), and 50% marks for SC, ST and OBC
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 25 years as on 01-June-2014
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ST/PWD/OBC etc.)
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with Bharat Petroleum needs to be medically fit as per Bharat Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standards.
- Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Medical Examination before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available at: http://www.bpclcareers.in/Images/Detailed_ad_GATE_2014.pdf
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Management Trainee in the above disciplines through BPCL must have appeared in GATE-2014 in the same disciplines and posses a valid GATE-2014 score
- Based only on the GATE-2014 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines. GATE-2013 score will not be considered valid for this recruitment.
- Further selection will be based on Group Discussion / Group Task and Personal Interview.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Training
Probation Period and Training:
- Selected candidates shall have to serve BPCL for a training Period of 1 year as Management Trainee. After successful completion of Management Trainee phase, these candidates will be inducted as ‘Executives’ in various branches and establishments across India.
- The candidates selected as Management Trainees will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.24900 per month in Group A category in the scale of (Rs.24900 – Rs.50500). In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
- The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be around Rs.10.50 lakhs per annum inclusive of other allowances
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply for GATE-2014 with their candidature through single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) or on the websites of www.iitkgp/gate2014.com or any other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore website
- With the GATE-2014 registration Number, these candidates can apply online in BPCL on the career section of BPCL website at http://www.bpclcareers.in/ from 20-December-2013 onwards.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form with unique registration number, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep that for future reference.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year
- All future correspondence will be sent via E-mail only
- Candidates should note that the selection process will commence only after the declaration of GATE 2014 results.