BHEL Strategies Nation Building Through Fresh Engineer Trainees From GATE-2013 Qualified Personnel
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is a premier energy establishment involved in the fields of designing, construction, commissioning, engineering, manufacturing and servicing of a wide range of products and services for the core sectors of the economy in India. Mostly being associated with Power, Industry, Transmission, Transportation, Renewable Energy, Oil & Natural Gas and Defence, BHEL have proven its significance in the process of nation building. BHEL has 15 manufacturing divisions, 4 regional offices, 2 repair units, 15 regional centres and 8 service centres and is currently operating at more than 150 project sites across India and abroad.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going process of reforms BHEL announces a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering, who will be qualifying in GATE-2013 in the scope of Engineer Trainee.
The details of vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Engineer Trainee
Number of Vacancies: 500 (Mechanical-300, Electrical-150 and Electronics-50)
Important Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2013 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions to be advertised shortly.
- Without GATE-2013 qualification, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Opening date for acceptance of GATE-2013 Application – 1 September 2012 (already started)
- Closing date for acceptance of online Application – 30 September 2012
- GATE-2013 Online based Examination – 20 January 2013
- GATE-2013 Offline based Examination – 10 February 2013
For BHEL Recruitment For Engineer Trainee:
- Commencement of online submission of application by candidates with GATE-2013 Registration Number – January 2013
- Details of the BHEL recruitment through its website can be viewed on or after – 14 September 2012
Other Essential Eligibility Factors:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Age Requirement:
- The candidate must not have attained the upper age limit of 27 years as on 1st of August 2013.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for scheduled categories as per norms.
- There will be no upper age limit for departmental candidates.
- Academic Eligibility:
- The candidate must be a Bachelors Degree holder in concerned branches of Engineering
- Candidates having Degree from AMIE and AMIETE are also eligible to apply
- The candidates must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 1st of August 2013
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Engineer Trainee will be required to first appear in GATE-2013
- Based on the GATE-2013 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines.
- The weightage for GATE and Interview rounds will be 75% and 25% respective
- It should be noted that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise.
- The selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs.20600-Rs.46500 during the training period of 1 year.
- After successful completion of training period these candidates will be absorbed as Engineers in the pay scale of Rs.24900-Rs.50500
- The CTC (Cost-to-Company) will be approximately Rs.9 Lakhs per annum for project site postings and that will be around Rs.8 Lakhs per annum for Units/ Divisions and Power Sectors
Service Agreement Bond:
- Candidates joining BHEL as Engineer Trainees will have to execute a service agreement bond of Rs.200000 (Rupees Two Lakhs only) to serve the Company (or any Government Department or Undertaking at the discretion of the Company) for a period of three years after successful completion of training.
- Candidates will also be required to furnish a Surety Bond executed by parents/ guardian/ reliable surety.
- General/ OBC candidates are required to make a payment of Rs. 100/- as application processing fee.
- Others are exempted from paying any application processing fee
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply online in BHEL indicating their GATE-2013 Registration Number on the website http://careers.bhel.in, which will be activated during January 2013
- A Candidate can apply for any one post/discipline only.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form generated by the system with unique registration number, and other details.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from BHEL here http://careers.bhel.in/et_gate2013/jsp/et_eng_index.jsp
Final Semester/Year Candidates may also apply but they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet/ certificate by August 01, 2013
GATE-2013 marks is the only valid marks for consideration for ET 2013-14 recruitment process in BHEL.