Bank Of India Recruitment 2012-2013 – Past Opportunities Were Many, So Will Be In Future
Introduction to Bank of India:
As one of the upcoming nationalised banks of the country, the Bank of India has excelled in its endeavour to provide banking related services to the people of the country since 1906. Headquartered in Mumbai, Bank of India is currently having about 3752 branches across the nation and about 29 branches outside India. Along its path of progress, the bank has been able to establish itself as the 4th largest nationalised bank in the country. Having humble beginnings by the efforts of a few dedicated businessmen in Mumbai, the bank was accorded nationalised status in 1969 with 13 other banks in India. Starting with only 50 employees in its list and Rs 50 Lakhs in its coffers, it has now offered its IPOs for the general public to become shareholders. The bank has also endeavoured to provide ATM facilities for people, which started with the first counter in Mumbai in 1989 and the first international branch was set up in London in 1946.
Recruitment in Bank of India through 2012:
To enable the branches throughout the country to run smoothly, the Bank of India recruitment is done from time to time by entrance exams on a national basis. With the introduction of IBPS exam since 2011, the recruitments for different posts in the bank are being done through the score of Common Written Exam separately. There are exams conducted for Probationary officers, clerks and specialist officers as well as management trainees. These recruits are appointed on the basis of selection through the written exam and then the selected candidates are finally reviewed through the group discussion or personal interview.
- In 2012, Bank of India went through the process of recruitment for about 3149 clerical posts for branches all over the country.
- The candidates would be selected on the basis of their TWS scores in the IBPS exam conducted in the month of March 2012.
- The online registration for these posts is first done before a certain date that is given in the advertisement, which for 2012 was from April 16 to 28, and the shortlisted candidates are supposed to be called for interview tentatively in May/June, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
- The age limit for clerical posts has been fixed at 18 years minimum to a maximum of 28 years as on 1.8.2011, with relaxations given to certain candidates.
- The educational qualification required is pass in 10+2 exam and no graduation degree is needed. Students can only apply for the state from which they have registered for the IBPS exam, and therefore the cut off marks for the call for interview is based on the cut offs specified for that particular state.
- The candidates need to have proficiency in MS office in computers.
Recruitment for Officers:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
Advertisement for the year 2012 for the generalised bank officers for 1800 posts has also been over. These officers were recruited from those candidates who had done their online registration in the month of January and had passed the IBPS CWE exam conducted for PO posts in the month of September 2011. After their registration, the eligible candidates are called for interview, which was done in the month of March.
- The eligibilities for such candidates are the age limits of 21 to 30 years with the date calculated before 1.7.2011.
- Educational qualification was passing in graduation with 60% marks.
- The students need to have their IBPS scores above the cut off marks as mentioned in the advertisements.
Some other recruitment drives that were conducted in the year of 2012 were for the posts of Specialist Agricultural Officers in Scale I, Marketing Officers in Scale II and General Banking officers in the Special Recruitment Drive for North Eastern States. There has been another recruitment drive for In Charge of Star Swarojagar Prashikhan Sansthan on contractual basis.
Opportunities in 2013:
Although, the dates for the next banking clerical and probationary officer positions are not yet advertised, candidates will have to prepare for the exams by keeping a tab on the tentative dates. Since the probationary officers for 2012 were recruited in March, and the clerk recruitment is finished by June, the recruitment for the same will again be held in the year 2013. Even if the number of posts varies, the recruitment process will be more as is being touted in many recruitment drives and by analysts. It is therefore important that the candidates prepare themselves well in order to secure a good score in the IBPS and apply before the time for the Bank of India recruitment for 2013 would be over. For this to happen, they will have to keep a watch in the internet or enquire from the respective banks.
As one of the most successful commercial banks in India, Bank of India is on a path of success through its diversified focus and customer oriented approach. This is definitely going to offer one of the finest career options in one of the most successful banking careers in India. With every year number of contenders coming into the arena of competition is increasing with good number of additions, aspirants have to keep a close look on the upcoming vacancies in the Bank of India to choose their promising career.
Explore your career with Bank of India: http://www.bankofindia.com/career.aspx (Bank of India Official Page)