Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) is the state level nodal agency formed in line with the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment of competent positions through various government and subordinate departments.
With an intention to fill up various vacancies under the state government for the year 2013, the Assam Public Service Commission will hold the Competitive Selection Examination for the under-mentioned services/ posts in accordance with the Government of Assam regulations.
The details of the application and the procedure for submission of application are detailed as under.
Most Important Dates:
- Date of publication of the Advertisement: 12-Dec-2013
- Last date for Receipt of Completed Application Form at APSC: 18-Jan-2014
- Date for determining Age: 01-Jan-2013
Details of the Vacancies:
- Principal in BB Engineering College, Kokrajhar (re-advertised): 1 Post (Unreserved)
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) under Irrigation Department: 133 Posts (out of which 33 Posts are reserved for WR. Out of the total Posts UR-72 Posts, OBC/MOBC–45 Posts, STP-09 Posts, and SC-07 Posts. There is also 04 Posts reserved for PWD candidates)
- Junior Engineer (Civil) under Irrigation Department: 125 Posts (out of which 37 Posts are reserved for WR. Out of the total Posts UR-64 Posts, OBC/MOBC–33 Posts, STP-13 Posts, SC-09, and STH-06 Posts. There is also 04 Posts reserved for PWD candidates)
NOTE: Reservation for SC, ST, OBC, MOBC and others are applicable as per the state government rules of Assam.
Pay Scale Provisions:
- Principal: Rs.37400 – Rs.67000 and Grade Pay Rs.10000 along with Special Allowance of Rs.3000 per month. Other incentives, perks and allowances will be applicable as per rules.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil): Rs.12000 – Rs.40000 (PB-4) and Grade Pay Rs.5400 along with other incentives, perks and allowances.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 (PB-2) and Grade Pay Rs.3300 along with other incentives, perks and allowances.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per rules of the state government
- Principal: The applicants must be in the age group of 45 – 55 years as on 01-Jan-2013.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil): The applicants must be in the age group of 21 – 38 years as on 01-Jan-2013.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): The applicants must be in the age group of 18 – 38 years as on 01-Jan-2013.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and other privileged candidates.
Academics and Experience:
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Principal: The candidates interested for these posts should have good academic record and BE/BTech or ME/MTech in Engineering/ Technology with at least 1st class in BE/BTech or ME/MTech and with PhD in Engineering/ Technology. Publication at PhD level and experience in Guiding PhD students is highly desirable. The candidates must have at least 10 years experience in Teaching/ Research/ Industry out of which at least 3 years must be as a Professor in Degree level in any Engineering College.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil): The candidates interested for these posts should have completed Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering (BE/ BTech – Civil) as per the AICTE norms to be eligible to apply.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): The candidates interested for these posts should have completed 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering as per the AICTE norms to be eligible to apply.
- For SC/ ST category: Rs.2.50
- For all others: Rs.5.00
- The application fee can only be paid in form of Government Treasury Challan in Head of Account “NON TAX REVENUE-OTHER NON TAX REVENUE-0051-PSC, 102-STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION APPLICATION/ EXAMINATION FEE RECEIPT OF APSC”
- No other forms of payment will be accepted
Mode of Selection:
- Depending upon the availability of candidature the Commission may conduct a Written Examination and followed by Interview or may short-list candidates depending upon their academic marks and call them for an Interview for selection of candidates for these posts.
- The due course of selection will be intimated by the APSC and is made available on the website of APSC at www.apsc.nic.in
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions may apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the Issue and Receipt of the Assam Public Service Commission at Jawahar Nagar, Khanpura, Guwahati.
- The application forms can also be downloaded from the website of the APSC at www.apsc.nic.in .
- The candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin as available at the website of the APSC at www.apsc.nic.in or at http://www.apsc.nic.in/Advt%2012_2013.pdf before applying for these posts.
- The form should be filled with facts and authentic information
- The applicants must remit their fees and attach the challan with the application form
- The application completed in all respect and attached with necessary certificates, fee payment Treasury Challan should be signed and attached with recent passport size photograph and should be submitted to the APSC at the address mentioned below so as to reach by the last date specified (i.e. 18-Jan-2014)
- Address to send the completed application:
Assam Public Service Commission
Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara, Guwahati – 781022
Tel: +91-361-2365426, Fax: +91-361-2368207